Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TPS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Have a couple of early ones that I've cleaned up & polished.

How do you benchtest for usability?
Pat
Pat Garvey
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum - wasn't paying attention!
76-914
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...ttle_switch.htm

Dave will probably weigh in on this but follow this link, ohm it out and do a visual for track wear.
Dave_Darling
I believe the contacts are either shorted to each other or open circuit. No real resistance to it. The "accelerator pump" contacts should only get closed (and opened again, and closed again) when the throttle is being opened, not when it is closing.

--DD
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 8 2011, 10:32 PM) *

I believe the contacts are either shorted to each other or open circuit. No real resistance to it. The "accelerator pump" contacts should only get closed (and opened again, and closed again) when the throttle is being opened, not when it is closing.

--DD

Dave,

I get your point.

The TPS in question is a low mileage 72 (not mine, but my TPS now). I dismantelled it & cleaned it superficially. The put the contact points & tracks under scrutiny with a magnifier. Noted that there was a shallow groove in the tracks & that the contacts were a little oxidized.

Took a jewelers rouge clothe to all, with very little pressure. All pieces cleaned up great. There is still a miniscule groove, but it's very shallow. Used a toothpick to raise the contact bars slightly, so I could clean the points.

Unfinished, as acquired is pic 1.

After refurbishing is pic 2.

Think this will be a keeper for "road parts"

Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.