Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 1.7L djet to run off 73 2.0L djet components
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
Would it be possible to get my 73 1.7L djet to run off of a 2.0L ecu, mps, and cht. I have all the proper parts for the 2.0L and have 1.7L injectors(yellow top). A lot of the other parts are interchangeable and i have those, i have a 5 pole TPS that should work after doing some reading here:
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/djetparts.htm

I just want to make sure how to get everything connected and running properly. I have a decel valve from a 2.0L, is a 1.7L decel valve that much different that i will need a 1.7L decel valve or can i just run the 2.0L decel valve?

Ive read that certain mps, cht, and ecu must be run together, and rennlist makes a note to say that a 73 2.0L ECU should only be used on a 2.0L, however, doing some reading here people say the ecu from 73 could be used on a 1.7L.

How different are the ECU's from year to year?
What type of vacuum hose diagram should i follow for this setup? any pics of a 73, i found the one from pelican but thats a 70, and does not show a decel valve. It almost seems like i would need to follow the 2.0L vacuum hose diagram.

Any help would be great guys
turnaround89
Just read that i don't need to run the decel valve, just need to plug the lines. Ignore any questions about the decel valve.
orange914
73' ECU was used on BOTH the 1.7 and 2.0. There is a resister inline to the CHT for the 1.7.

edit:
In rereading the post I'm not certain if your using a NON 73 ECU?
turnaround89
The ecu's that i have(i have three of them) are all the CU13x or part number: Bosch 0 280 000 037

The article makes note to only use the CU13x ecu with a 2.0L, and those are the only computers i have, is there anyway to get the car to run properly with this computer, or am i SOL?
JeffBowlsby
The basic principle to recognize is that the FI components together, per model year, make a balanced system, primarily for a certain engine size.

The 1973 ECU was used for both the 1.7L and 2.0L, but the MPSs, dizzys, CHT sensor, injectors, TPS and entire air intake system are different. If you have a 1.7L engine and air intake system, the ECU will work, but you will need the correct 1.7L MPS, injectors and dizzy at the least... The 1.7L and 2.0L TPS are also different...they rotate different directions...so you will also need a 1.7L TPS.
turnaround89
i have a 1.7 mps that i can use, the injectors are 1.7 and the dizzy is also for a 1.7L...i will have to check the tps, all i can remember is it has 5 terminals, not 4. i think its part number ends with 021, but not 100% on that
Bleyseng
Run the 037 ECU with a 049 MPS and a 012 CHT with the yellow 1.7L injectors..the dizzy really doesn't matter...BTDT!
turnaround89
i will give that a shot, thanks. once the thermoswitch shows up ill be able to get everything on the motor and back into the car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.