Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel lines and filter recommendation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
I'll be relocation my fuel pump and I need to buy fuel line and a filter, I cant get down to see what type of filter I have now, but I can probably find something similar to it at the flaps, My question is what diameter line should I buy? I'll be putting the pump under the tank and connecting it to weber 40 IDFs.
Cap'n Krusty
For carbs, I would suggest you find a good quality metal cased filter with appropriate fittings. In this case, you'll need a 9-7mm adapter hose like the FI uses, then the filter, then the pump, then another step adapter hose to allow you to plumb the pump to the 9mm line going through the tunnel. That hose (or hoses!) is 914 356 525 00, and I suggest a BMW 2002 Tii fuel filter (13 32 1 256 492), because it fits, it's a little overkill, and it's pretty available. Bosch PN 71 015.

The Cap'n
ripper911
Thank you
GeorgeRud
Be sure to get fuel line that is compatable with the ethanol laced gasoline that is being sold these days. The older lines don't do so well with the ethanol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.