Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orange County Ca 914 mechanic/service?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jlowy
Hello,

I am looking for a 914 mechanic in Orange County Ca area to work on my '74 914 that has a "hot start" issue and some minor oil leaks. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jay

JLowy@cox.net
a914dude
www.porshaw.com
RFoulds
If I were in your situation, which I am, I would drive a little way to get to a shop that knows that car better.

You have two choices fairly close by. Otto's in Venice, and Precision Motion in Riverside. Don Kravig at Precision Motion knows the 914, inside and out. he knows everything there is to know about repairs, and best of all, he has ALL the factory documentation to ensure he does it right. Highly recommend his shop..

I have not personlly used Otto's, but I have visited there and was very impressed with his knowledge. I know others speak well of his service too.

Both shops are within a FREE flatbed tow of Orange county if you have a AAA membership.
jlowy
Thanks for the input guys. I have an appt with Precision Motion.
914.SBC
QUOTE(a914dude @ Aug 9 2011, 12:03 PM) *

IPB Image

That picture is just too damn funny. biggrin.gif
914.SBC
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Aug 9 2011, 12:13 PM) *

If I were in your situation, which I am, I would drive a little way to get to a shop that knows that car better.

You have two choices fairly close by. Otto's in Venice, and Precision Motion in Riverside. Don Kravig at Precision Motion knows the 914, inside and out. he knows everything there is to know about repairs, and best of all, he has ALL the factory documentation to ensure he does it right. Highly recommend his shop..

I have not personlly used Otto's, but I have visited there and was very impressed with his knowledge. I know others speak well of his service too.

Both shops are within a FREE flatbed tow of Orange county if you have a AAA membership.

Where is Percision Auto in Riverside.
RFoulds
Precision motion. Don Kravig. 2805 chicago ave
Riverside‎ Ca‎ 92507
jim_hoyland
If you are anywhere near Huntington Beach / Seal Beach, I recommend PCH Garage in Sunset Beach. The owner, Hector has serviced my '75 914 the past 15 years ans at least 8 other teeners are serviced there. He is familiar with common problems and likes working on the 914; this is not always the case with other shops.

PCH GArage
16747 Pacific Coast Hwy
Sunset Beach, CA 90742
562-592-5511
Jake Raby
Dave Greiner at proformance motoring in Orange.. Dave impresses me.
Tom_T
Another long experienced 914 & aircooled P-car wrench in OC is Bill Brewster in San Clemente, he's in the book & ads in Pandomonium (PCA-OCR monthly mag).
Socalandy
Image Imports in Santa Ana on Dyer Rd. 714-557-8300

See Craig!!
boogie_man
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 23 2011, 03:54 PM) *

Another long experienced 914 & aircooled P-car wrench in OC is Bill Brewster in San Clemente, he's in the book & ads in Pandomonium (PCA-OCR monthly mag).

+2 he's very good
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.