Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terrible Odor...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
....but not to worry, it was just me stinkin' up the joint.

Of 4 runs, I did 3 at 69.xx....while the fast guys were goin' 62.xx or better. Last run got me a 66.xx...which still stunk. Skinner went 62.3, but Eric Fry did 61.8 or so for top time in GTO....that guy can drive. A godless fast C-4 Vette did 60.xx but was havin' cone problems. If he got a clean one, he was TTOD.

They lay out a huge course.....1/3 to 1/2 mile long (WAG)
& maybe a 150 feet wide. Too big for me to memorize.....at least with 4 hrs sleep, 2 nights in a row.
Driving on instinct don't cut it. A few more days like that and I'll give up AXing biggrin.gif
DNHunt
I added to the stink. JP said he was half a bubble off and I was too. I didn't have any excuse. Everything just went back to a sea of cones. It's kind of disappointing because I thought I was getting a little better each time out. I was so down I didn't even stay around for fun runs.

The worst was the 2nd run. I got confused and missed the finish gate. Never tripped the timing light. I'm probably the only guy ever to forget where the finish line was. The fourth run I missed a shift down to second and ended up 20 yards further off couse before I turned. Just gotta keep tryin.

Dave
Jeroen
Hey... at least you didn't finish over the starting line, like I did at the WCC AX headbang.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
It's tough to memorize that course although its always basically the same layout. Its hard to hit the straight ish parts in 3rd and then see where the hell to go next. Yup, a sea of cones comes to mind......and then they don't layout the course cones as well as the WCC (every 5 feet).

atleast you made it up here JP!

Geoff
J P Stein
One of my local buddies & his wife were also up there for the first time. They did it right and went up the night before to get a decent nights sleep. They also struggled with the course, but did better than I. Curtis hit it right on the head. "The course is too big to memorize, so you have to look 3 or 4 gates ahead." He got into the 64s and Pam got into the 65s. They ran first and both looked "tenative" so I figured I was in trouble.

None of the course was lined. Normally, down here, both the SCCA and PCA will line the course ...if only in the "sea of cones" areas to help clarify things a bit.
The thinking is that if there are a large number of off course excursions or missed gates, it's a course problem.
...one I laid out was like that sad.gif . This is not a critizism of the PNWR set-up, just a different way of doing biddness.

"I'll be back" at the first opportunity. A guy has got the learn to run what is there. I figure it was a learning experience, if a bit tough on the ego. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.