Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SBC - 901 Adapter Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clow
I am wanting to CNC out an adapter plate to mount a small block Chevy to the 901 transmission. Before I start I was wondering if anyone had an Autocad file already that they would like to share or sell for a small fee. If not I am rocking the caliper to measure. Has anyone machined one before? I know companies make them but for the cost I can make one a few dollars cheaper.

I am more worried about the thickness of it. I am still not sure on how the flywheel and clutch will sit idea.gif

Thanks,

Clow
Bruce Hinds
You should just copy a renegade or kennedy adapter, their fit is perfect. You have to use the porsche flywheel machined to fit the chevy crank, so starter location is critical.
clow
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Aug 9 2011, 05:53 PM) *

You should just copy a renegade or kennedy adapter, their fit is perfect. You have to use the porsche flywheel machined to fit the chevy crank, so starter location is critical.

That would be ideal.
Maybe someone who has one could possible measure one up?

I was thinking about that one the most. It would have to be pretty close...
ewdysar
QUOTE(clow @ Aug 9 2011, 06:59 PM) *

That would be ideal.

I've got a Rengade SBC/901 adapter plate from the early 1990's that you can have for $50. Let me know what you would like to do.
clow
QUOTE(ewdysar @ Aug 10 2011, 11:01 AM) *

QUOTE(clow @ Aug 9 2011, 06:59 PM) *

That would be ideal.

I've got a Rengade SBC/901 adapter plate from the early 1990's that you can have for $50. Let me know what you would like to do.

Sold. I will PM you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.