Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warm Air Tube (S pipes) Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
So these S-pipes and bottom cover was originally on my 1.7 tailshifter.
But I have since switched to side shift config and also swapped the fan housing from I think 1.8L. Are they all the same ?

Apparently I am have a heck of time installing the driver's side s-pipe to the fan housing. It seems like the ears on the driver's side fan housing is sticking up too high to tighten the clamp down. oh yeah my original fan housing the PO had to grind off the ears (for the flap) to install the s-pipe you see. Do I have the wrong set of s-pipe ? I have not tried the passenger side yet. Will that side be ok with what I have ?

Here are some of the pics. Please let me know if they are correct for side shifter 1.7 ??

Thanks guys !!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
luskesq
I have a 1.7 tailshift and they look correct from what I can see. Not sure if there is a difference if you have a 1.8 fan housing housing. They should pretty much fit up there while you put the clamp affair on. Sideshift shouldn't make a difference on the driver's side, not certain about the right but I wouldn't think so. Good luck.

keith
rhodyguy
no grinding should have been ness to install the 2 branch pieces to the fan housing. the branch to impeller clamping pieces are side specific and only go on ONE way. try turning them 180*. you'll notice one side is stepped higher than the other to accomodate the exspensive gaskets.

k
ChrisFoley
The bottom tin on the driver side is different, to accomodate the different shift rod.
The early piece can be modified to fit a side shift rod, but its not simple because the hump must be reversed IIRC.
Everything else should be the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.