Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal cluster is in . . .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marlow
I got the freshly built pedal cluster installed today. Went in pretty well. Much easier to install if you remove the clutch pedal then screw it back in once the cluster's in place.

I searched the BBS and couldn't find a good answer about adjusting the clutch pedal stop and the clutch cable. I keep reading that the clutch cable should be adjusted to get 1/2" to 3/4" play while PUSHING on the pedal but have heard that the adjustment is that much play when PULLING on the pedal. Which is right? Pushing or pulling on the pedal? Also, what's the correct way to set the pedal stop?

BTW I'm using the original wood pedal board.

IPB Image
JFJ914
QUOTE(porsche914blue @ Jul 4 2004, 08:10 PM)
I keep reading that the clutch cable should be adjusted to get 1/2" to 3/4" play while PUSHING on the pedal but have heard that the adjustment is that much play when PULLING on the pedal.

Also, what's the correct way to set the pedal stop?

1/2" Pulling. The pedal spring holds the throwout bearing against the clutch at all times, so you need to pull it away to measure the play.

Just enough to allow the clutch to disengauge. The idea is to prevent too much strain on the pressure plate spring and perhaps on the dreaded clutch tube. This is a "dynamic" adjustment, keep at it until you can select gears without "crunch".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.