Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big GT Gas Cap...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I'd love to have one of those big gas caps for my GT conversion. You know... the kind that sticks out of the hood of the vintage 911 and 914 racers?

Anybody have any leads on one of these?
Aaron Cox
is there a door in the hood? or just a hole?
Eric_Shea
Just a hole...
retrotech
Go to Cobra websites, they sell them for the Cobra. Or do Google search race gas cap.
Eric_Shea
Thanks for the Cobra lead... searched Google first.
Eric_Shea
Just checked the Cobra caps... they don't cut it. They're a flip up style.

Thanks though...
Eric_Shea
Here's a couple more pics...
Eric_Shea
Here's one in a GT
ein 6er
dude!!!

fuel cap
ArtechnikA
straight out of the 356 parts bins ...
thesey914
The $100K 914 had one made. Looks even neater than the factory part.
ajserrano 100K 914
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Woa... awesome! Wonder if they made two. They look a little better that the one's on the birdie site. Those didn't look bad either but if I'm in it for $75 clams then I'd like to go the route above.

Thanks Rich. The 356 starting point is just what I was looking for... Now to have the tab welded on wink.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 5 2004, 08:05 AM)
The 356 starting point is just what I was looking for... Now to have the tab welded on wink.gif

the 'tabbed' gas tank cap was also used on the 904 and 911R, as well as (IIRC) the GS/GT 356's.

i'd try Brad Ripley at NLA in Sparks, NV - the word in the 356 community is that his repros are perfect - and if anyone would know if and where the tabbed versions are available, Brad would. he doesn't have much of a web site but pick up the phone and give him a call...

" NLA Ltd., Brad Ripley, Box 41030, Reno, Nevada 89504
Phone: 775 626 7800, Fax: 775 626 1220, Orders: 800 438 8119, E-mail: bripley@nla.sparks.nv.us "

i'll put out a question on the 356 Registry list if you want, for alternative sources ...
Martin Baker
I want one as well for the car I am converting. Thanks for the info.
Eric_Shea
Thanks again Rich... yeah throw something out there on the 356 registry.

Martin,

I'll start asking for two. wink.gif PM me with what you want to spend.
Mueller
They look a little better that the one's on the birdie site
icon8.gif barf.gif
those look terrible....IMHO

Armando's caps are very nice (too nice??), he has a 1st class metalsmith working on his car pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.