Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 lug fuch - are they all hub centric ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
see pic - is this hubcentric?
Ian Stott
I have straight and true authentic four bolt Fuchs rims with new very well balanced tires and when I installed the concentric centering rings that I got from Chris Foley the little vibration I had went away.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
r_towle
I think they are all hub centric.
They were not introduced until the hub centric rotor in mid 72.

rich
mgphoto
I believe that the initial run of the wheel part number 914 361 011 00 was not hub centric, they were replaced by the factory with part number 914 361 011 01 which is the hub centric version seen in the photo.
jimkelly
does anyone know if hub centric size on 4 lug the same as on 5 lug ?

diameter and depth

thanks

jim
JFJ914
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 11 2011, 07:11 AM) *

does anyone know if hub centric size on 4 lug the same as on 5 lug ?

diameter and depth

thanks

jim

They are not. The 4 lug ring is way larger than the 5. If you put a 5 lug wheel on a redrilled 4 lug hub you must machine the hubcentric ring off first.
Tom_T
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Aug 10 2011, 05:21 PM) *

I believe that the initial run of the wheel part number 914 361 011 00 was not hub centric, they were replaced by the factory with part number 914 361 011 01 which is the hub centric version seen in the photo.

agree.gif
That's correct info. - they were NOT all hubcentric. They actually ran the BO Recall in 72 Aug - Dec production to check that the hub-centric 2L wheels were put on the new 73's with hubcentric front hubs!

Similarly for the Pedrini & Mahle wheels, which were a different Recall ident. which you can see on Jeff Bowlsby's 914 website page for recalls-
http://www.bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Recalls.htm

The ones in your pic above appear to have the machined inset to receive the hubcentric lip, allowing the wheel to seat properly & flat against the hub/disk.

Here's a pic I did to i.d. the right wheel type -
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.