Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Recent picture of Hunter and pal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Hunter has been doing very well this year. Ever since our big ordeal last October when we nearly lost him, he has been fairly stable.

He had is 4 year old check up at the pediatrician last week with nothing to report. He even visited the dentist and had is first flouride treatment. He seems to be enjoying the new house, although it has been hot as Hell here lately (and humid). The afternoon lightning storms have been really freaky. I don't remember lightning like this ever in Florida, and I'm a native.

3 weeks ago, we adopted a new kitten from the pound. She is an 8-week old tortoise-shell colored sweetie and has really added some pizazz to the household. Euro (our German shepherd) has been trying to eat her, and Roman (our older cat) has a new playmate. She has provided countless hours of entertainment.

Several nights ago, my wife left Hunter's room for a few minutes only to return to find what you see pictured below. She started crying. Apparently, our new kitten (her name is Bella) has taken to Hunter. She nuzzled right up to him and started purring. Hunter could sense she was there and started rubbing her with the back of his arm. It was very sweet. She layed with him for about an hour and has done this several times since then.

For those of you new around here, Hunter is my only son. He was born, after a length delivery, with oxygen and blood-flow deprivation and is consequently severly impaired. Basically, the hospital messed up and should have c-sectioned him early in my wife's labor. There were quite a few signs of trouble early on that were ignored. But because they didn't intercede, Hunter has had a very difficult and challenging life.

He requires 24-hour medical supervision. My wife and I have dedicated ourselves to taking car of our little boy and making him as comfortable as possible. We have had several episodes where we have nearly lost him (as recently as last Fall), so we are very grateful to have our "little man" still with us.

I have a photo of me and him in my 914 before I disassembled it. I hope to take another one of us together in the completed car in the near future.

Thanks for reading.
Qarl
nuther...
Qarl
me and the "little man"
redshift
I'm glad to hear he's doing okee'better'dokee.

He's cute, you look like an extra, in a movie about 'What the dung beatles came for.".

smile.gif

|
\
v

driving.gif <-- I steal your car!
iamchappy
Thanks for sharing, throttle up Hunter.

Chap driving.gif
seanery
brings a tear to my eye. wub.gif
gregrobbins
I am pretty new to the board, so thanks for sharing. In another thread, I read of a family that lost a son today. Treasure Hunter!

As for the kitten, kids and animals, go figure. Plus a dad with a 914.

Greg
Carl
Good News, Karl. I hope Hunter continues to improve.

Carl
WoMBaT
Karl, I don't know you (new to the board) so I hope this isn't "out-of-place". You and your wife must have an abundance of love for Hunter! Hunter's good checkup is indeed good news! It is sad to say, but true, that in today's world most humans could not (and some cold-hearted SOB's would not) carry the burden of raising a special child like Hunter. I envy your strength.

And for those others out there; I want you to notice something special in those pictures Karl posted. Not only are most humans not able to deal with a child like this of their own, most don't know what to do when around someone else's. What I would like to point out is the kitten. Not only does that animal feel comfortable around Hunter, he is in the second picture almost embracing him in a security measure! Unconditional love and a very special bond for Hunter. We ALL could learn from that kitten.

God bless, Karl and may he look over you and your wonderful family.

-Dan
rick 918-S
Happy 4th to you Hunter and family! What a wonderful addition to the family.
Bleyseng
Great to hear that Hunter has a new playmate! wub.gif
Show us some new pics of the house , Karl.

Still waiting to see the painted tub in the new garage or will it melt in transit?

Geoff smilie_pokal.gif
davep
Animals have a very special sense of people. People looking for a puppy came to visit with their mentally impaired daughter and two other children. Our senior male, mini poodle, does not usually care for kids. However, he went over and snuggled up to this little girl for the entire visit despite her occasianal screeching.

So glad that Hunter is doing well.
SirAndy
that little guy is simply amazing! smilie_pokal.gif

you guys deserve some of this: pray.gif
Andy
Jeroen
Great pics of Hunter and his new friend!!!
He looks sweet.

Kudo's to you & your wife for taking such good care of him

cheers,

Jeroen
Qarl
Thanks everyone for the kind replies.

I owe the most gratitude to my wife for sacrificing everything for him.

Hunter is a special little guy.
Toast
Pets bring so much enjoyment to peoples lives. Sometimes more that one realizes. Your new kitten will be Hunters cat, and Hunter will be the kittens buddy. It is a great bond that bring happiness to both.

Last week my cat of 5 years dissappeared. I feel devistated and lost without her. She was so much fun and was always happy to see me. I had to literally give up my first 30 minutes after walking through the door to give her 'lovins' while she was on my lap. (demanded it wub.gif )

Congrats on your new family member and the great progress of Hunter. clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.