Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7 mm star wrench
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I have been looking for a wrench to adjust my MPS. A "7mm Star" is called for. This is not Torx. I have looked and I cannot even properly identify what this form is. Does anyone have any information on what this is properly called and any sources for one? I really don't want to have to make one.
type47
If it's not a torx, then maybe it's a triple square or a "Ribe". I think Ribe fasteners are used on the brake calipers so maybe also on the MPS...
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 10 2011, 02:57 PM) *

If it's not a torx, then maybe it's a triple square or a "Ribe". I think Ribe fasteners are used on the brake calipers so maybe also on the MPS...

I don't think it is Ribe . I did find out a 7 mm hex with the corners cut down fits. I am closer. A torx and the Ribe have deeper flutes.
r_towle
I think I made one out of a piece of square axle key stock from the hardware store....

Geoff has one he made, maybe he will post a picture.

Rich
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 10 2011, 03:50 PM) *

I think I made one out of a piece of square axle key stock from the hardware store....

Geoff has one he made, maybe he will post a picture.

Rich

Looks like making one is the answer. I'll post pictures if I make one. What an odd piece. I am guessing is is a very custom wrench to keep others out and not anything standard.
JimN73
They're available, try most FLAPS, ask for a 7 mm star bit.

I found a set of 5 bits for about $12.
Bartlett 914
I gave up and made one. The tool was described as "Star" but I think it isn't a Star. I tried everything and nothing fit. I spent about 3 times more time looking than making. I made this out of solid titanium.........Was that overkill?
rick 918-S
Hey Mark that's nice! If you decide to make a couple more I'll buy one! biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
agree.gif Me too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.