Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil cooler and push rod tube seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mgphoto
Hello,
I need to repair a few oil leaks and I wanted to know what your impressions of these oil cooler seals and the different push rod tube seals, see photo below.

Click to view attachment

I picked up different kinds to get some opinions, regular (black) or silicone (white) oil cooler seals?

The push rod tube seals silicone (red) or viton (green)?

Thanks for your input,
Mike
70_914
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Aug 10 2011, 05:33 PM) *

Hello,
I need to repair a few oil leaks and I wanted to know what your impressions of these oil cooler seals and the different push rod tube seals, see photo below.

Click to view attachment

I picked up different kinds to get some opinions, regular (black) or silicone (white) oil cooler seals?

The push rod tube seals silicone (red) or viton (green)?

Thanks for your input,
Mike

Silicone (white) and Viton (green). Viton o-rings are the only thing that work on the VANOS system, so they will be an improvement over silicone on the pushrod tubes.
Dave_Darling
The Viton pushrod tube seals that I have seen were all brown. The stock silicone ones were color-coded for inner and outer, I think the coding was red for one and green for the other. (I think there may have been a third color for the early-early 1.7s with the smaller outboard end of the tube.)

The silicone ones work, but Viton holds up to heat better.

--DD
turnaround89
just did the push rod tube seals on my car and the seals i got were vitons which were brown. Haven't had a drop of oil on the garage floor since.
Drums66
.......Yes, I say orange/brown?....are best poke.gif
bye1.gif smoke.gif flag.gif shades.gif idea.gif
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.