Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: v8 guys. Spring rate q's..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Ok, gota 350 in the backyard, other stuff coming. The question, What are you guys using for your spring rates for the rear suspension? I was thinkin 200 would be nice.. Would 180 still give me a plenty stiff ride? I would like a solid and stiff ride.. I have 140's on the back currently, and I know I will need to go more.. But how much?

I dont need to worry about my front, I have my sway bar set as low as it can go, and I still understeer.

Thanks guys.

Andrew
neo914-6
RH "200" lbs. Actually I think Scott says they are really 190 lbs rate. I had 140's and Brad said I needed 200's.
Felix
Andyrew
I know renegade hybrids has 200.. How stiff is your ride? Like, boy thats stiff, or Gaw breaking stiff, or eh, its stiff enough.

Andrew

I would like some gaw breaking stiff.. but im thinkin that because of the extra power... all Im going to need to do is enduce throttle oversteer and I'll be just peachy..
neo914-6
Hard to gauge "stiff" but my car does have a stiffening kit and I feel or hear every bump on the road. You should also consider which shocks will work well. I have the Bilsteins with adj. perchs.
Felix
Andyrew
I have koni reds all the way around, if comes time to stiffen it up a little, I can always do that. There all set in the middle right now. If a good deal comes around for stiffer stuff, heck, I probably wouldnt pass it up.

OH btw, it is officially a 350, checked the bore and stroke smilie_pokal.gif

Andrew
bondo
I rode in a v8 car and it had 180 lb springs.. seemed a touch stiffer than stock, and probably about as stiff as I'd want to go for a daily driver... so I bought some. I'll let you know in a year or so how it works out smile.gif
rick 918-S
I have stock springs and torsion bars. (also stock tie rods and street tires so.... confused24.gif )Rear springs seem right to me. But I never drove another V8 car. My experience is extremely limited.

I need a front sway bar though. My car wanted to go straight about 2/3 of the way through the sweeper at the WCC AX. I had to hit the gas and spin the back around to try to stay on the course. ( that's funny...throttle steering a 914 laugh.gif ) Rob Ways drove my car and said it would make a better track car. Wish I could have had "B" or someone with V8 setup experience thrash it as well.

I bought a set of 180's I though it would be good to have them around just incase the stock springs settle. So far so good.

Why do you want a spine compressing ride?
Andyrew
Why do I want a spine compressing ride? So that it feels like a race car... My choice for a daily driver would be a race car with a detuned engine. Just because I want to be able to know exactly whats going on all the time.

Stock springs, geeez..

Ya I think I'll go 180's for now. Maybe stiffer later.

Andrew
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 5 2004, 06:44 PM)

Stock springs, geeez..

Ya I think I'll go 180's for now. Maybe stiffer later.

Andrew

rolling.gif I have a steel rod about a foot long in my back. I won't be riding with you. huh.gif
LS6/914
Using 200# on the rear (clients car) iron block, aluminum heads, 915 axle. Sticks like glue! w00t.gif Springs from RH.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.