Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matthepcat
Nice ride! (Parked at Orchard Supply today)

IPB Image

914.SBC
What is that little hole in the rear bumper??? Mine has that too and I have no clue what that is or its purpose???
tscrihfield
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Aug 11 2011, 09:20 PM) *

What is that little hole in the rear bumper??? Mine has that too and I have no clue what that is or its purpose???

Tow Bar hole... If you have it, it looks like an eyelit with a theaded end. It threads into a spot behind that hole. It is a German car thing! I think it had to do with regulations on the Autobahn?

Thomas
tscrihfield
BTW can someone block out the Licence plate Please!
rnellums
It is for the factory tow loop. It screws in the hole. There is supposed to be a cap of some sort to cover it.... oops, too late. Why block out the liscence plate, I have done it on some of my photos because I saw it done before, but why?
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 11 2011, 09:33 PM) *

It is for the factory tow loop. It screws in the hole. There is supposed to be a cap of some sort to cover it.... oops, too late. Why block out the liscence plate, I have done it on some of my photos because I saw it done before, but why?

914 theft is up right now especially for -6 cars! Or cars that look that good! Professional car theves will watch sites like these and find licence plates and track the # and find out where people live and take their car. If you have seen gone in 60 seconds or something equiv. Know that it is NO joke. People overseas that have more money than brains will provide a list to "Boosters" who will go around the US and steal cars. Primarily Rare cars such as this 914-6... And then they will load them into a barge never to be seen again at least in same condition or area.... Thats the long and short of it.

Thomas
Michael N
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 11 2011, 01:13 PM) *

Nice ride! (Parked at Orchard Supply today)

Hey I know that car, it is in my garage as we speak.....I hope. blink.gif

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Sweet - two very nice cars.
jim_hoyland
I picked up a tow ring hole cover at Orchard. Found in the small sliding drawer display

smile.gif
skota
nice rides indeed. I think im becoming addicted to these 914s, planning a second car less than a year after getting my first beerchug.gif
bdstone914
Nice LE! Nice Six! Im currently working on both! (same car)
RFoulds
Yeah, um. Car thieves don't work that hard at finding cars to steal. They are everywhere.

I can drive into Rancho Mirage and count 20 Lambos, Ferraris or Bentleys, ready to go.

If I was searching on the net, for exposed license plates, how would I narrow them down to ones near me? Or do I post them to the autoboosters.net in hopes that one of my car thief budddies will be in the area??

Plates are visible everytime your car leaves the garage. And finding an address to go with a plate number is NOT easy.

But thanks for continuing yet another well meaning, but totally untrue web legend.

Twise
Interesting thing I heard the other day - All german cars have towhook locations front and rear. I have been working on them so long I didn't even know it was a german thing.

The other day a tow truck driver was dropping off an E class he pulled out of a ditch and says to me, "hey, you me to pull the HITLER HOOK off". I was cracking up, "No, I got it dude". I have never heard them called that before. I will call them nothing else from now on. HITLER HOOK, classic...
pt_700
lol-2.gif slight hijack but, hitler hook's funny!

at the risk of souding anti-semetic, no, it's not too soon to poke fun at the name!
pete000
I never thought I would see the day when the 914 would become a sought after high theft vehicle ! I remember back in the day you could leave them on the street with the top open and the keys in it and no one even cared !

Time are a changing !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.