Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributer is off 180
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Ok
So I have owned this car about a month and I am still in love.

mueba.gif

So today I searched for my elusive vacuum leak (didn't find it) and checked / set valve clearance. After spending better part of an hour confused, looking at notch in flywheel, feeling notch when it was on top, etc, etc, etc.

Distributer is off 180, #3 TDC points to notch in distributer! I should have noticed that #1 plug wire is where #3 should have been.

Ok, so does it matter on 1.8L with EFI? Do I need to pull it, turn it, and put it back? What will that fix? anything?

Will
ChrisReale
Its good to have the dizzy correct. JMO.
McMark
In my opinion, everyone should always check a new (to them) engine to make sure the distributor is aligned correctly. It's a pain to make sure that you have indeed found TDC of the compression stroke for cylinder #1, but once you've done that and confirmed (or fixed) your distributor drive gear is aligned correctly you never have to worry about it again. Search the archives for finding TDC and then read the article in the Classic Threads forum about realigning your distributor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.