Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ouch! Check out this P-car picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I found this on WreckedExotics.com

"This $450,000 car is the first Carrera GT that has been wrecked. The owner, who was paying $6,000/month on the lease, had just taken delivery and was on his way to the gas station down the street. As he was slowing down, the car stalled and a truck rear-ended him."

Says it happened in San Diego.

He stalled it... w00t.gif

Paul
TimT
Thats it? jess a love tap :>
newdeal2
Hmmm...forgot to drop the clutch
SirAndy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 5 2004, 06:42 PM)
He stalled it... w00t.gif

wacko.gif some people. must be nice to have that kind of dough, i think ...

Andy
soloracer
Imagine the driver of the truck phoning his insurance company with the claim information

Driver: "I rear ended a Carrera GT"
Insurance: "What is that?"
Driver: "Some kind of Porsche"
Insurance: "Let me look it up......just a second....WHOOOOAAAA MOMMA!!!"
Driver: "What does that mean?"
Insurance: "We will pay the bill but you may have to consider selling any body part that you have two of to pay for your renewal"
Driver: "WHOOOOOOOAAAA MOMMA!!"

blink.gif
serge914
Look more like he backed into a pole or something.
JmuRiz
Yep he got rearended by a work truck..saw the post on the bird board about the accident. Just after delivery, now he has to have it sent back to germany to get searched over to make sure they replace all the damaged carbon fibre...ouch!!! That's what that tiny/grippy clutch will do you ya huh? Stall or smoky burnout.
boxstr
Actually I am sorry to see that happen to anyone, Carrera GT or 911 Carrera. I know I wouldn't want it to happen to me, or you.
CCL
campbellcj
If the story is true, I'm actually kinda surprised you can lease these cars at all! I thought they were spoken for by private cash buyers long ago.

So now that it's been hit and is tainted goods, I wonder if I can lease it for $325/mo???
blaize
I am P-tech and I was recently at the training facilaty in atlanta where they have two of those. (they practice taking the motor out and such) anyway I got into a conversation w/ an instucter about parts prices for it and you would not believe the prices. The underbody paneling/splash shields are $25k for the smallest/cheapest one. they are apparently hand laid carbon fiber. I think I remember him saying the bumper caps were around $10k each (why I dont know as they are only plastic) but it is safe to say that love tap will probably crest $30k just in parts

A crate motor for it lists at $125k and the tranny is $65k

Kind of puts jake raby's motor prices in perspective huh.
thesey914
If the Truck driver was like me he was trying to catch up to get a better look....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.