Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: picked it up yesterday !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
exactly one year after I signed the contract of sales I picked up my new six
it was a 5 hrs ride in one direction, then change cars and 5 hrs back driving.gif
all in all I was really impressed how good this one is,
but to meet my personal imaginations, I will still have to invest some work and money ...
I had no camera with me, so there are only two shots in my garage ...
Drums66
.........Looks cool & very together idea.gif
bye1.gif shades.gif smoke.gif
Bartlett 914
WOW! What a beautiful car. Almost too nice to drive.
ripper911
Beautiful car! Even the ghosts like it (orbs in first picture). yikes.gif
SirAndy
first.gif

I'm glad you like it. Love that color! thumb3d.gif

Like i said back then, it's California clean but not German/Austrian clean ...
biggrin.gif
rallysport70
Very nice indeed..... A real beauty!
JawjaPorsche
Only 3,300 Sixes were built and you will not find one that looks as good as yours! Congratulations! That is one fine looking car! I know you are very proud of it as you should!

Terry
ezbngreen914
nice!!! piratenanner.gif
JmuRiz
Congratulations, great looking car and color!
Then again I have 3 green cars, I'd probably trade them all for yours.
Ian Stott
Nice car Gustl, and I bet it sounds sweet as well!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
1970 Neun vierzehn
Could you park it a little closer to the wall? biggrin.gif

Nice car! We are all sure we will see some more beautiful photos of this car in its' European environs. Congrats.

Paul
Cairo94507
Absolutely beautiful six. Congratulations.
Gustl
thanks guys beerchug.gif

yes, I'm really proud to own that beauty
it sounds and runs perfect, the tranny shifts wonderful, the paint is almost perfect (only two very small rock chips)
I replaced the US lights all around with almost perfect Euro units and NOS glasses
I will get a fresh recromed rear bumper as well as the long rear valance (both correct 1970 style, perfect condition) from a friend
the rear trunk lock has to be done (doesn't work yet), and the roof needs some work (paint starts to peel off)
some minor things like the rear trunk light (I already have a perfect one) and a roof clamp (in the rear trunk) need to be replaced, the odometer doesn't work, the basket wave dash board skin need to be re-glued on some places ...

but once again - I can't remember seeing an original, unrestored 914-6 in that good condition wub.gif
(well, maybe I'm a little biased biggrin.gif )

driving.gif Gustl
carr914
Very Nice, Congrats
BajaXJ92
Oooooo that color does it for me... piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
Wow! Nice score!
PanelBilly
What a great find. How much of it is original?
Valy
All I can say is WOW, WOW,WOW!

Enjoy!

BTW, is it for sale?
biggrin.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 13 2011, 01:36 PM) *

How much of it is original?

it's really very, very original
just a few things are not original, like the rear bumper and valance (both are later style) and some other minor things
it got repainted in the original colour about 10 years ago

Gustl
here are some nice pics from my today tour through the near mountains driving.gif

euro911
Not only is the car beautiful, so is the countryside you drove through to get those pix.

:envious-smily:

Congrats beerchug.gif
Ian Stott
Ok Gustl, here's the deal, I will trade you my 20 year old daughter (she's gorgeous!) and a hockey stick signed by Sidney Crosby!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Elliot Cannon
I saw Sidney Crosby perform once. I really like her music. I had no Idea she also played hockey. happy11.gif

Nice car Gustl!!
sixerdon
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 13 2011, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 13 2011, 01:36 PM) *

How much of it is original?

it's really very, very original
just a few things are not original, like the rear bumper and valance (both are later style) and some other minor things
it got repainted in the original colour about 10 years ago

Very nice. Are you going to change the headlight surrounds back to white? Black always looks right, but white is correct.
Good luck.
Don

skota
perfect. just perfect, you'll get my vote.
Gustl
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Aug 14 2011, 02:13 PM) *

Are you going to change the headlight surrounds back to white? Black always looks right, but white is correct.

sure - I already have a nice set at home
Tom_T
Well that was a very long wait Wolfgang! Glad to see you're driving.gif w00t.gif

beerchug.gif
boogie_man
That is simply gorgeous. Congrats and enjoy beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Wow!

Now that is a nice six!
Andyrew
Just saw these pics, Nice!! Thats an interesting looking garage to! VERY clean!
914Sixer
Superb !!!!
Gustl
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 14 2011, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Aug 14 2011, 02:13 PM) *

Are you going to change the headlight surrounds back to white? Black always looks right, but white is correct.

sure - I already have a nice set at home

done biggrin.gif

Rod
Looking lovely:)

A friend of mine, Kevin over her in the UK has the matching sister car!!
OmaPossu
That sure is ein toll auto! Gratulieren!

Are those tires original size?

Love the mountains too wub.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(OmaPossu @ Aug 29 2011, 05:14 PM) *

Are those tires original size?

as delivered in May 1971: 185HR14 on 5.5x14" Fuchs driving.gif
BajaXJ92
Ohhh man that looks great! wub.gif
Jasfsmith
Excellent!

Are you going to convert everything to European delivery or maintain the American delivery originality? The latter sure would create some interest in your neck of the woods.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Aug 29 2011, 03:31 PM) *
Are you going to convert everything to European delivery or maintain the American delivery originality? The latter sure would create some interest in your neck of the woods.

I'm pretty sure US spec lenses are not street legal in Austria ...
idea.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 29 2011, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Aug 29 2011, 03:31 PM) *

I'm pretty sure US spec lenses are not street legal in Austria ...
idea.gif

Looks like he has already converted the turn-signal housings to function as the euros did. See bottom pic on post #32. Very nice! smilie_pokal.gif
saxon
WOW what a great looking 914 you have there i love the colour really suites the car did you buy from the states or europe .

wub.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Aug 29 2011, 11:31 PM) *

Are you going to convert everything to European delivery or maintain the American delivery originality?

I try to keep it as original as possible, but there are some things that I needed to change to get it street legal (Euro-Lenses f+r, Euro housings f);
I also changed the speedo to a completely rebuilt Euro-version (km/h instead of mph). In addition I changed some connection at the main-light-switch, so that the headlights don't pop up on pos.1 (position lights only)

Gustl
QUOTE(saxon @ Aug 30 2011, 03:25 PM) *

did you buy from the states or europe .

I bought it in the USA (SF bay area, where the car stayed its entire life)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.