Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A 918 sighting in the UK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
drummerboytom from the UK was at a car show over the weekend. He had a sighting and sent me photographic proof of other forms of V8 conversions. They do exist people..... alien_2.gif alien.gif This is one of the two German built cars that were for sale a year or so ago. I emailed the builder but he never responded. Maybe his english nit so gut.
rick 918-S
ho ya...
rick 918-S
and this..
Andyrew
Boy, I really like that....

Hmm I might be taking some of those idea's for a "race" hood...

Andrew
thesey914
What V8 is in it?
914Timo
I like the hood too. wub.gif

The engine is from 928 S4.
thesey914
I thought it must have a 928 connection.....but the 'other forms of V8' threw me biggrin.gif
It doesn't look like the firewall has moved too much. I think I can see Drummerboytoms Irish green 2.5 six in that last picture.
JmuRiz
Looks good...I still like the smoother look of Rich's Alien though. What I really like is the exhaust and the 914 V8 badge on the back, that's cool.
tod914
Where was the car show? I don't see any right hand drive teeners confused24.gif Tastefull enhancements on that 8's body.
thesey914
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 6 2004, 03:08 PM)
....... What I really like is the exhaust and the 914 V8 badge on the back

agree.gif

I like the Ghetty dash and the 928/944/968 side indicator

There were no right hand drive 914s made at the factory.
dflesburg
I like all the powder coated trim, hate the side scoops, and the hood.

I wish my car ran.
rick 918-S
Just a little update on the sighting. the event was the Westfalia 914 Club meet in Aschenberg near Essen. Any of you resident Europeans know where that is? Tom stated they drove about 1300 miles to the event. (cool) The car is still owned by a german. Anyone know the builders name? Tom thought the current owner is Detlef Hoppner.
TimT
I like that car... scoops vents and all

beer.gif
drummerboytom
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 6 2004, 06:30 AM)
I don't see any right hand drive teeners confused24.gif    

Maybe because Porsche never made any ! rolleyes.gif

Well spotted James ! smilie_pokal.gif
That was indeed my Irish Green six in the background ,
and here it is a little closer :

IPB Image
drummerboytom
QUOTE(TimT @ Jul 6 2004, 04:03 PM)
I like that car... scoops vents and all

beer.gif

IPB Image
rick 918-S
Hey Tom! wavey.gif Glad you could join us! monkeydance.gif Really nice ! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif (6)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.