Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Carerra in Fast Lane
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wheelo
So... driving down Hwy 101 this afternoon ( #2 lane).... when a brand-new Silver Carerra comes smoke'n down the Fast Lane... about 85mph .... Huuuummm...nice car thinks me...but he should be careful on this stretch of Hwy... Next thing you know... Calif Hwy Patrol (Motorcycle)... Smoke'n down after Mr. 911 .... Pulls him over with a major woody.... about two off-ramps later...
New Carerra Driver was in a state of shock!
Had to be there to see his face..... ohmy.gif
fiid
*** NEWSFLASH ***

85 is not "smokin'"

sorry. had to.

Watch out on California roads. The only thing I can think of is that Arnie told the entire state's police forces that there would be layoffs if there aren't more tickets. The "crackdown" seems to be accross the board, and far more consistent than anything else I've seen.

Even the official 101 crackdown when they bought the "ski rack" camaros was nothing on the current level of enforcement.

I wish they'd fight real crime instead. There isn't actually enough money going to the police to handle just the violent crime - let alone any of the important traffic laws (like red light enforcement, bad lane changes, etc etc).

On the bright side - Halliburton is raking in a lot of tax dollars in Iraq. So it must be okay.
PorscheTom
agree.gif Last weekend on my way down to Redding on Hwy 44 (a little two lane hwy mind you) I saw no less than three CHP in 30 miles. Two white Camaro's and a white ford crown vicky. Yeah, they were out in force up here too. Might've been because of the holiday weekend or part of the 'Revenue Enhancement Program'.....? spank.gif
wheelo
Okay.. " Cruisin" down the fast-lane (85mph)...
It was a rare occasion without traffic in #1 lane... sooooo...It appeared to me (and Mr. CHP) that 911 Boy was ... SMOKIN past the rest of us (doing 70mph) in #2,3 & 4 lanes... point is he was making-time... then got caught for the crime.... Watch your mirrors !!!!
smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.