Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The final journey begins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.
Finally,
After 6 freaking years of working on this money hungry project,the engine goes in for good.Much work remains,but it went incredibly smooth.

Ron
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
RON S.
#20,and last
6 years of piddling,and it comes down to 2 hours of work to get it in.
Only a couple of interference issues.
1.)the rubber elbow on the air intake that feed the idle air control valve had to be rerouted.It's about 1/2" to high to close the engine lid.
2.)The trans needs some spacing at the support bolts,cause the trans bottoms out on the bottom of the trunk when its fully tightened down.
Other than that,all seems well.
Ron
East coaster
Ron.......SHWEET! I'm glad you're a steps ahead of me, it really helps to see someone else go through this stuff first. How much of a PIA was it to get the motor in with the sheetmetal to seal interference?

I'm looking at your intake setup and mine is a little bit lower, so yeah! mine should fit without hitting!! I can't wait to hear what this things runs like!!! That will be truly inspiring. Mine is kind of dead in the water until I get my tranny back from Brad and so far it's been 4 months and I've heard nothing? headbang.gif
crash914
Did you use the ATV jack to raise the engine? I have been thinking about getting one of those....saw a bunch of types at Harbor freight...herb
RON S.
QUOTE(East coaster @ Jul 6 2004, 03:54 AM)
it really helps to see someone else go through this stuff first. How much of a PIA was it to get the motor in with the sheetmetal to seal interference?

I'm looking at your intake setup and mine is a little bit lower, so yeah! mine should fit without hitting!!

On the sheetmetal quexchtun,
The sheetmetal did just scrape the nuts on the trailing arms on both sides.Minor PITA but none-the-less it did need some massaging.
What did suprise me was that the top of the 915 case rubs the bottom of the rear trunk crossmember when I tried to tighten the support bolts.I make some spacers for the bolts today while I'm here at work.That should make some clearance.Maybe it's just poor quality on the Vellios case,I don't know,but not a big deal.
Ron
RON S.
QUOTE(crash914 @ Jul 6 2004, 04:13 AM)
Did you use the ATV jack to raise the engine? I have been thinking about getting one of those....saw a bunch of types at Harbor freight...herb

Herb,
I did try to use the ATV jack first,but I didn't think it'd work.
I loaded a 2.4l on it and then tried to install a empty 915 case.
Even with the jack fully extended as high as it'd go,the case wouldn't clear the fixed mounted jack where you'd have to pump.
I had already made the dolly,so I used it instead.Worked just fine.

Ron
East coaster
I'm hoping the Wevo case will allow the 915 to fit without hitting the trunk. Maybe someday I'll find out wacko.gif
East coaster
OK........the suspense is killing me, have you run it yet?? driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.