Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay 9146 Anybody know this one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimmyG

Does anyone know this car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...#ht_1601wt_1167
Mike Bellis
That's pretty rough! It's going to need $30k+ in restoration. Someone will buy it and sink way too much money into it. It should be saved!
JimmyG
No doubt a labor of love! Reeeal rough for sure Mike! My thought was the history of the car. I was hoping George, Pat or maybe someone from MA might know the history of this one.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JimmyG @ Aug 13 2011, 03:39 PM) *

No doubt a labor of love! Reeeal rough for sure Mike! My thought was the history of the car. I was hoping George, Pat or maybe someone from MA might know the history of this one.

I bet Gusti knows something...
carr914
It will be interesting to see how high this one goes !

Looks like the rear fenders were put in a Giant Vise. The underside looks decent.

Gotta love the Gas Burners ( I've never heard them called Stove Tops as the Lister says) - they are worth $2500 by themselves
JimmyG
HE HE... Missed the stove top thing. Thats funny. I was astonished a few weeks back when the green one (don't remember the number) when so high! Can't tell for sure, but this one at least looks like a virgin.
GeorgeRud
Looks like it hasn't been touched, but will require a ton of work. Also, a lack of a title is always a bit scary, but probably not that big of a deal in some states.

There are some very nice cars in the background on the photos however. A Mercedes 300SL is always nice company.
swl
cosmetics certainly awful but it looks solid and restorable. The ugly parts aren't unique to the -6, any teener could donate. Fun project for someone with the time and money.

is it possible to get a title restored? Register it in a state that doesn't require title?
pete000
I am going to guess it will end up getting purchased by another big buck German guy. So far almost every one listed on ebay has gone to Germany.

Green one sold at 21K went to Germany.
Orange on on there now sold at 35K going to Germany.
I think there are others as well.

Looks like the 914-6's are the new 72 Carrera RS in Germany now days.

They seem to think nothing about paying big money for full restoration projects.

Cairo94507
I hate to see them go overseas. I agree that the car looks all stock and certainly needs to be restored. The pan looks pretty. This will be a fun project for someone.
JawjaPorsche
There was an orange one on ebay last month for $69K! Does anyone know what happen to it?
carr914
Didn't sell
sixerdon
QUOTE(JimmyG @ Aug 13 2011, 02:15 PM) *

Chris Foley is only a few miles down the road from this location. ejm is even closer. Curious that the devastating tornado of June 1st came very close to this area. Hmmm.

Don
gandalf_025
Noticed this car dropped off of E-Bay with at least a few days left on the auction.
Someone must have made an acceptable offer.. It was at 9250.00 last I saw.

Anyone know where it went or for how much ?? Just curious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.