Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: password/bb issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krk
Folks,

Dunno what exactly happened. I left the bbs up on my screen for most of the day. I refreshed occasionally as I took breaks in the day. I posted occasionally. Later in the day, I posted and it insisted that I "log on". Oh oh. To make a long story short, I got into a cycle that could only be broken by asking for a new password. I appear to be successfully back, although we'll see as I try to post this:-)

I can provide answers to specific questions as always.

kim.
Mark Henry
I've had problems with the 'log on' also!
olav
I've had a few issues too.
Part Pricer
I've got the same issues.
krk
So it happened again this morning from the "quick logon" feature. However, I can log in just fine from the top of the page tho.

kim.
Jeroen
Hmmm... haven't had any trouble loggin in
(not since we're on this server anyway)
We will look into it...

Cheers,

Jeroen
vortrex
I got an error signing up, forgot what it said, but it still allowed me to log in.
Brad Roberts
I need to turn on the error logging feature. I'll address them as fast as I can. These are minor compared to what we where finding..LOL

B
Brad Roberts
The user timeout was set to 3600 seconds. I changed it too 9999999. This will allow you to stay signed in.

When you guy's post a problem (I used to say Ya'll) tell me what OS your running. I know KRK is on Linux. This will help me debug the BBS faster.

B
krk
Good points Brad.

rhat linux 7.3, Mozilla 1.0.3

I can now only sign in with the quick one. If I sign in from the top of the page, I end up in an endless cycle of sign in, thankyou, but you end up not signed in.

krk.
Part Pricer
My problems went away today. I'm using Windows 2000 and Crazy Browser 1.0.5.
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 29 2002, 08:59 AM) *

Mark . . . did you get it fixed?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(MDG @ Jan 17 2013, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 29 2002, 08:59 AM) *

Mark . . . did you get it fixed?

Nope! No one's heard from Mark since 2002. lol-2.gif nice one Mike! The zombie apocalypse is upon us!
McMark
Holy crap. This is like the thread of people who disappeared.

biggrin.gif
MDG
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 17 2013, 11:47 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Mysterious, isn't it? First they have log-in "issues" and then . . . .

I'm worried aboot Mr. Henry. He has one of my engines.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 17 2013, 08:47 PM) *

agree.gif

This is a who-is-who of who isn't here anymore! wacko.gif
rmital
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 18 2013, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 17 2013, 08:47 PM) *

agree.gif

This is a who-is-who of who isn't here anymore! wacko.gif

...if it had included some MikeZ posts, it would have been more nostalgic
MDG
I went to the oldest garage post I could find (one that hasn't been moved) and made a reply.

You see, a few of us are trying to illustrate to a member where the beginning or 'start' of something is versus the 'end' of something.

This member argues that the posts in the garage start at the top of page one with the most recent posting. However, a few of us counter that in fact the true "start" in the 914World Garage is some 1700+ pages ago back at the end of '02.

This member has chosen to disagree with this and has resorted to name calling.

As an example: if I was to say, "The Club site isn't getting much traffic - page 1 starts back on November 29!?!!"

. . . he argues that would mean the top post of page 1 would be dated November 29.

It's not a good situation. sad.gif Ve-e-erry tense.
SirAndy
QUOTE(MDG @ Jan 18 2013, 10:17 AM) *
I went to the oldest garage post I could find (one that hasn't been moved) and made a reply.

Speaking of the oldest threads that are still in existence, here they are in order:

Thread 5 by krk:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=5

Thread 7 by Gint:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=7

Thread 8 by Mark Henry:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=8

And thread 8 is still nailed on top of the first page of the garage after 10 years!
unsure.gif
Eric_Shea
You see, a few of us are trying to illustrate to a member where the beginning or 'start' of something is versus the 'end' of something.

But you know for a fact that he is "mentally challenged" (or as they say in French Canadian speak; a Rè-tard). Do you think this will really help? confused24.gif
scotty b
stupid Canadians dry.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 18 2013, 05:31 PM) *

But you know for a fact that he is "mentally challenged" (or as they say in French Canadian speak; a Rè-tard). Do you think this will really help? confused24.gif

Not really. But it was worth a shot.
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 18 2013, 05:33 PM) *

stupid Canadians dry.gif

Oh, I see.

Back with the name calling. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.