Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum
dcheek
The 7th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering will be held on September 18, 2011 at the German Sports and Swim Club in Flanders, New Jersey. As in the the past I'm inviting all 914 owners, along with all other air cooled Porsche owners to show their pride and joy. Last year we had 300 air cooled cars (mostly VW's with the exception of 11 Porsches). The venue is really unique in that its held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap at the "club house" bar. This is a charity event where a portion of the proceeds will help Operation Jersey Cares, an organization that provides support and care for current and past NJ Combat Veterans. There will also be a swap area (mostly VW) and prizes being raffled to raise money along with a live band for entertainment. "Dyno Don" from California will MC the event. For those that don't know, he is California's popular VW personality.

The show car awards are a limited edition signed and numbered poster that is being printed specifically for this event. We are going 3 deep in each class. Since the Air Cooled Porsche turnout has been light in the past, we usually group all Porsches into one class.

This is real low key event with a very unstructured judging protocol (I'm the Porsche judge). We want this event to be fun for the whole family and consider it perfect for those who are looking for a nice day out, German beer and food and to help out with a good cause.

Here is the Website with directions, previous show pictures and listing of the day's events.

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com

Any questions you can e mail me personally at:

dmcdavey@aol.com

Hope to see you there!
dcheek
Who plans on attending? The list starts here.

Dave
tod914
Hey Dave, I plan on showing up. But, I doubt my car will be on the road by then. Just abit much to pull off to get it done. Think Ray is attending as well. See you there!
dcheek
QUOTE(tod914 @ Sep 8 2011, 04:16 PM) *

Hey Dave, I plan on showing up. But, I doubt my car will be on the road by then. Just abit much to pull off to get it done. Think Ray is attending as well. See you there!

Looking forward to seeing you, with or without the car.

Dave
dcheek
Just checked the weather and it looks like sunny and in the 70's. We are anticipating another record turnout.

One change- we will not be printing award posters this year. Our printer had a bad encounter with hurricane Irene. We were forced to go with plaques for first, second and third place in class, along with Best of Show and Peoples Choice.

Hope to see all you 914 enthusiasts, or any Air Cooled Porsche owner. Bring 'em out!

Dave
dcheek
Just an update regarding the All Air Cooled Gathering on September 18th. We had a total of 9 Porsches enter the show out of the 209 air cooled cars that registered. Congratulations to Glen Langston with his beautiful 1970 914-6 for garnering 3rd place. The weather was absolutely perfect: cool and dry all day.

I'm happy to announce that even though attendance was down, we are able to match what we donated last year to Jersey Cares, to benefit New Jersey service men and women. Thanks to all that made this happen. See you next year.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.