Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under-body AND through-body sway bar?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
My new 914 has front and rear sway bars.. the Carrera suspension I plan to put on it has a built in sway bar. Can I use both to have an effectively larger sway bar? Also, should I use the rear sway bar or take it off? (I've heard they don't do much for you)
Mueller
i see no reason why it wouldn't work, is the thru-the-body swaybar adjustable?

that is what you'd want for sure since the under-the-body bar is not adjustable

if you have to buy anything new for this proposed combo, you might as well pony up and buy a bigger new thru-the-body swaybar..Tarett or SmartRacing
bondo
I think all I'd have to do is weld tabs onto the a-arms. I don't think the bar is adjustable, it's just a stock bar. I would of course get something adjustable if I bought something new.
TonyAKAVW
I know that you have access to a machine shop bondo, you could very easily make the through-body sway bar adjustable by fabricating something. Its amazing how much places charge for the bits that attach to the sway bar. The bars alone are not that expensive...

-Tony
SirAndy
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jul 6 2004, 12:46 PM)
I know that you have access to a machine shop bondo, you could very easily make the through-body sway bar adjustable by fabricating something.

yupp, you can make your own droplinks and slider ...

the underbody bar would give you a certain "preload" and if you make the through-bar adjusteable, you can finetune your settings.

don't see any reason why this shouldn't work ...
smash.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.