Full Version: F/S 914 rear valance OEM SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
romitbose914
Click to view attachmentPorsche 914 rear valance
OEM excellent condition
Asking $150.00
Call 925-321-4628
Cairo94507
This valance is sold and is now in my garage.
c12croft
Does this stock OEM rear valance fit ALL YEARS '70 - '76.
Thanks,
TRITOUCS
QUOTE(romitbose914 @ Aug 14 2011, 06:58 PM) *

Click to view attachmentPorsche 914 rear valance
OEM excellent condition
Asking $150.00
Call 925-321-4628

I am in search of the same part and OEM chrome mirrors, and all the little parts that comes on rear Bistein suspenssion from bottom to top of the spring.

Thanks rolleyes.gif

TRITOUCS
Cairo94507
I am not sure if this rear valance fits the big bumper cars as I never owned one of those. I certainly fits all of the cars from '70 through '74.
AZ914
FYI I'm pretty sure it would fit all 4 cyl cars (orig 6 cyl exhaust exits differently).
euro911
It all depends on which exhaust/muffler you have. I've never been able to install a rear valance on my '75. Every exhaust system we tried has the tail pipe in a different location, and none of them matched the outlet opening in the valance dry.gif
AZ914
Thats strange Mark. My car was a 75 big bumpered car, then I backdated the bumpers, and a couple of years backdated the exhaust without ever removing the valance. The backdated exhaust (stock Bischoff) exited in the same place as my stock 75 pipe.
euro911
Jason, I think you hit the nail on the head stating 'STOCK'.

The exhaust that came on the Batmobile ('75 2.0L) had 1.7/1.8L heat exchangers and an aftermarket muffler system. Also, didn't receive front or rear valances with the car, acquired them a couple of years afterward.

When we attempted to install the rear valance, we found the tailpipe exited too far to the right of the cutout (closer to the license plate). The two other exhausts I acquired were also aftermarket and exited too far to the left dry.gif

We're going to install 73~74 2.0L SS heat exchangers and a dual-outlet Triad for now (well, as soon as I get my hands on a correct 73~74 2.0L muffler hanger) and we'll run without a valance.

I was fortunate to pick up a pretty nice stock 2.0L banana muffler from Glenn at the G&R ... I'm hoping that will work with a stock valance.

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.