Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dam TACO plate :(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
Changed my oil this past weekend and fixed my non-working oil temp gauge smile.gif The bad news is the dam taco plate is leaking oil now. Argggggggggggggggggggggggg headbang.gif headbang.gif

I had the engine sealed up nicely after the last oil change. The problem I made during the last oil change/sender install was I put sealant between the sender plate and the block. FYI the sender plate needs good contact with the block to work right (well at least mine does).

Now I need to drain the oil and fix the leak and refill with new oil. headbang.gif .

Does anyone have a good solution for this nasty leak? I assume some good high temp sealant and a paper gasket is what is needed. FYI the leak is not coming form the bolts.

Oh yea, I picked up a sealed battery from SAMS smile.gif So someting did go right this weekend. driving.gif

Cheers
Kerry
Andyrew
Oh hey, almost the same problem as me.. but I had to drain the oil and put new oil in it three times...

Glad I used dino..

Sorry, no help on fixing the leak..

Andrew
Joe Bob
If it's synthetic, use a clean container and re-use the oil.....if it's dino oil....it ain't expensive.

Filters are cheap.....too.

Why did you use a sealant? If it was OK before....clean it up and make sure the gland nut is tight.
Kerrys914
I used sealant before. Must have been just the right amount of sealant, time of day, temperature, lunar events, or sad.gif

Cheers
Kerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.