Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Car sunday, Aug 28, Topanga Mall lot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMITCHELL
Hey Guys, Aug 28 Super car is featuring Porsche as the Marque. Meet up at 9:14 am or earlier. Afterwards take a run thru the canyons to the beach and get lunch on the coast. Let's do Howie's memory justice and have some fun. biggrin.gif
stewteral
QUOTE(BMITCHELL @ Aug 14 2011, 11:58 AM) *

Hey Guys, Aug 28 Super car is featuring Porsche as the Marque. Meet up at 9:14 am or earlier. Afterwards take a run thru the canyons to the beach and get lunch on the coast. Let's do Howie's memory justice and have some fun. biggrin.gif

Hey Bob,

I'm a neighbor in Camarillo and interested in your fun-run. If your conversion car qualifies as a super-car, then my 383 should be OK too. However, is there a definition of "super-car?" How many cars do you expect to show up?

Also, what corner of the mall parking lot will you gather? Thanks,

Terry
BMITCHELL
Hey Terry, My car is not a super car, it's really just a POS that makes noise. As far what you drive, drive what you want, just a bunch of car guys getting together. These events usaully draw a couple of hundred cars, from muscle, to high end sport cars, Old Classics, and one of a kind home builts. You will see the lot from the Topanga Canyon side. Can't miss it.
stewteral
QUOTE(BMITCHELL @ Aug 14 2011, 12:57 PM) *

Hey Terry, My car is not a super car, it's really just a POS that makes noise. As far what you drive, drive what you want, just a bunch of car guys getting together. These events usaully draw a couple of hundred cars, from muscle, to high end sport cars, Old Classics, and one of a kind home builts. You will see the lot from the Topanga Canyon side. Can't miss it.

All Righty then, our cars are as super as anyone's, I'll be there!

-What canyon will you drive?
-What's the general pace? I'd like to wring mine out a bit to be sure I'm ready from my next track day.

Terry
campbellcj
It's a cool show, although keep in mind it is a public parking lot setting so it's dense and frequented by law enforcement.

Some pics from earlier weekends:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjcam/sets/72...8815282/detail/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjcam/sets/72...3577941/detail/

I'm going to be at Laguna that weekend or else I would try to make it as well.

stewteral
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Aug 14 2011, 09:18 PM) *

It's a cool show, although keep in mind it is a public parking lot setting so it's dense and frequented by law enforcement.

Some pics from earlier weekends:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjcam/sets/72...8815282/detail/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjcam/sets/72...3577941/detail/

I'm going to be at Laguna that weekend or else I would try to make it as well.

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the pics....WOW, there really are some amazing cars that show up.
I was most impressed with the original Testa Rosa Ferrari, if REAL, it worth well over $1million. The Grand Sport 'Vette was also amazing as they only made about 3-4 of them to try be the Cobras back in the late '60s.

So this outing is verymuch like the January 1st fun-run sponsored by TRE Motorsports in The Valley...right?

Hope to see your car next time out,
Terry
BMITCHELL
Hey Terry,

This is not like the Hang over run on Jan 1st. Just trying to get some 914's together to have some fun. I thought The Super Car Sunday event would be a good draw to get 914's together to hang out, check out the cars, and the take a drive thru the canyons as a group. We haven't done that for a couple of years. Santa Monica Mountains are full of black and whites so not a good area to wring out your car.
BMITCHELL
More info at SuperCarSunday.com icon_bump.gif
BMITCHELL
Bump, Next Sunday, 28th. Hope the locals will show.
stewteral
QUOTE(BMITCHELL @ Aug 15 2011, 09:28 AM) *

Hey Terry,

This is not like the Hang over run on Jan 1st. Just trying to get some 914's together to have some fun. I thought The Super Car Sunday event would be a good draw to get 914's together to hang out, check out the cars, and the take a drive thru the canyons as a group. We haven't done that for a couple of years. Santa Monica Mountains are full of black and whites so not a good area to wring out your car.

Bob,

Thanks for more info on the Super Car Sunday. I agree it would be fun to get 914s together and then take a run. I appreciate that the Fuzz will be prowling, but I'm hoping for a bit more pace than a pic-nic parade.

Remember the immortal words of Hunter S. Thompson: " More speed! more speed! Christ, are we old ladies?"; Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
...But then, I'm an old racer and maybe doing a "spirited" run is not what you call fun. smile.gif

See you on the 28th.
Terry
BMITCHELL
Just a Bump for a reminder. Server will be down wed.
gary gartner

Bob, good to see ya on board.
Just a thought , last "Porsche day"over there the entire lot was jammed quite early
so 9:14 meet time may have us scattered all over the place.
I will do my best to make it, but about 8 am or so.
Look forward to seeing y'all
Gary
campbellcj
I agree. Last time I went, it was very crowded by 8 - 8:30 or so and I parked many rows back.
gary gartner

icon_bump.gif

Just a bump to pge 1

Gary
BMITCHELL
Just another bump for tomorrow.
I know it's going to be hot but it's early a.m. and then a drive to the coast and lunch. NARP's are playing with 3.2's in Arizona but I hope some locals will show. driving.gif
BMITCHELL
Enjoyed the meet but it was HOT! We had a couple of teeners show. Terry and I went on a run to the grandstand past the rock store. Black and Whites were out everwhere. Quite a few of the bikers were greeted by them. All in all a good day except for getting vapor lock on the way home. Thank you AAA. Didn't want to crack a fuel line in the engine bay with over 100 degrees outside on the shoulder of the frwy. Fired right up after I got it off the flatbed at home beer.gif Coming out the door of the Rock Store run into Jay Leno and his Ariel. Camera died so no pictures. Same one he drove on the Hangover run a couple of years ago.

Here's Terry ride. 500 hp,
7TPorsh
I was there...here's some pics but hard to take with a phone in the sunlight...
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Nice replica
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Real or memorex?
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Super
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
That's It!
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
I got vapor lock too right when I pulled up at home; shut down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.