Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any opinions on EBS Racing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
Anyone have any experience or opinions on the quality of work done by EBS Racing (Engine Builders Supply Company) in Nevada? Specifically on if they do a good job on heads?

I'm not looking for advise on where to send my heads - but am considering buying a low mileage motor which had it's heads rebuilt there - so I'm wondering if they are considered a quality place for 914 head work.

Thanks in advance
Demick
TimT
EBS= two thumbs up

at least on 911 stuff, I think one of the owners is a 914 guy though
Mueller
I didn't think they did thier own work such as head re-builds, I thought they sub'd the work out to other shops???
propricer
Very, very pleased with the work they did on a 2.8L P/B for me ... all thumbs up !
TimT
Mike, they advertise in house machining..... and they had some of the least expensive parts around last time I bolted up my 911...
Mueller
hey Tim,

the reason I thought that was that I could have sworn the shop that rebuilt my heads told me that he did the head work for EBS, of course we had been talking about 356 engines at the time (?????)
IronHillRestorations
I really, really like EBS. They've been awesome to work with, and I'm sure whatever you have done there will be quality work. The know Porsche engines very well! I don't have any experience with any performance improvments they do, though.

All that being said, I believe there may be others that can possibly squeeze more out of head work. Anyone who knows these engines, four or six will tell you the money is in the heads. I saw a presentation given by Leo Goff of Memphis Motorwerks, and this guy is the real deal. I had a 3.0 built by Pat Williams in Memphis, and Leo did the heads on that engine, and the man knows his stuff.

Let's face it, anyone who knows their stuff can get flow at full valve lift. It's less than full lift where the real gains can be made, and that's where Leo has done extensive testing and improvements. There's a reason why people all over the world are shipping heads to Memphis to have them done.

There are lots of competent head rebuilders out there, and there are also plenty of crooks. Definately go with one who has built a reputation.

Just my .02

PK cool.gif
johnlush
agree.gif with Perry. I've had two sets of 911 heads and one set of 914 heads done there. The guy they use is named Terry (not sure of his last name) who is supposed to be a veteran Porsche machinist. I would have no reservations about running anything they built.
Scott Carlberg
didn't EBS also help sponsor one of the Swap Meets put on by the 914club up in Novato?
cnavarro
Two thumbs up for EBS here. They are one of my suppliers & vendors and they are great to work with. I can always count on them if I need some obscure part or diagram, or hell, I needed a 3.6 cylinder for development purposes (for a billet replacement cylinder), and they overnighted me one, at no cost. I've heard good things on their headwork as well from fellow customers.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.