Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New one added to the stable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
I/We picked up a complete 914 this weekend. '73 2.0 side shift with FI. Serious restoration had been started with almost all the basic metal pieces replaced. Hell hole didn't get finished. laugh.gif Engine ran, but blew a spark plug out and the owner got a tap jammed in the hole. 90% of the brake system new or rebuilt, new wheel bearings, rear shocks, rear glass and a ridiculously amount of goodies. Car stripped down 75% for repainting.

Guess how much we paid?
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Aug 14 2011, 04:49 PM) *

I/We picked up a complete 914 this weekend. '73 2.0 side shift with FI. Serious restoration had been started with almost all the basic metal pieces replaced. Hell hole didn't get finished. laugh.gif Engine ran, but blew a spark plug out and the owner got a tap jammed in the hole. 90% of the brake system new or rebuilt, new wheel bearings, rear shocks, rear glass and a ridiculously amount of goodies. Car stripped down 75% for repainting.

Guess how much we paid?

$700 ???
A&PGirl
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
A&PGirl
My Dad has decided it needs to be named.
His suggestion is Siggi.

What would you name it?
jaxdream
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Aug 14 2011, 05:22 PM) *

My Dad has decided it needs to be named.
His suggestion is Siggi.

What would you name it?

Pics make it more butter scotch hence butterfinger.If it is signal orange , call it Sigmund,

Jack
A&PGirl
Hmm... Butterfinger sounds good.

For CW guys;

The date is 5/73 and it has black thresholds and interior door latch surrounds. The headlight surrounds are white. Silver button gauges with 22,000 miles which I believe is correct.
rick 918-S
WTG Carrie!
Tom_T
Yet another NE-OK 914 goes to a good home! smilie_pokal.gif

Someone down in Tahlequah has a yellow 74 1.8 FS in CL too.

What ever happened to the guy with the nicely restored yellow 73 2L in Waggoner who was trying to sell his last summer? His wife thought he was the only Teener around!

All Y'all need to get together for a monthly 12 step program to keep everyone in their 914s! biggrin.gif

I'll be down in Sallisaw & maybe Tahlequah over Labor Day again - flying into TUL, maybe I'll actually see a 914 on the road while there this time! shades.gif

Oh - forgot ...... $1200?

A few thoughts .... a 73 2L 95% of the time - 100% up to maybe early 1973 production - would've had the fully loaded Appearance & Performance Groups' options, but this one seems to have been either a lesser fitment, or the sail vinyl, chrome bumpers, Fuchs 2L alloys, etc. seem to be missing (unless the rear bumper is actually chrome).

Was it a 1.7 conversion to 2L or a factory 2L with either PO changes or less than AG+PG options from the factory?
r_towle
one dollar
A&PGirl
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 24 2011, 12:46 AM) *

What ever happened to the guy with the nicely restored yellow 73 2L in Waggoner who was trying to sell his last summer? His wife thought he was the only Teener around!

All Y'all need to get together for a monthly 12 step program to keep everyone in their 914s! biggrin.gif

I'll be down in Sallisaw & maybe Tahlequah over Labor Day again - flying into TUL, maybe I'll actually see a 914 on the road while there this time! shades.gif

A few thoughts .... a 73 2L 95% of the time - 100% up to maybe early 1973 production - would've had the fully loaded Appearance & Performance Groups' options, but this one seems to have been either a lesser fitment, or the sail vinyl, chrome bumpers, Fuchs 2L alloys, etc. seem to be missing (unless the rear bumper is actually chrome).

Was it a 1.7 conversion to 2L or a factory 2L with either PO changes or less than AG+PG options from the factory?

Hi Tom,

The guy in Wagoner moved to BA and his car is still for sale. There is supposedly a white 914 is Tahlequah also.

Shoot, you'll be here for my birthday. smile.gif

It had sail vinyl. The guy I bought it from took it and the trim off to eventually paint. I have the trim. The bumpers have been painted and it has solid foglight grills. I haven't emptied out the psgr compartment or the front trunk to see if pieces of the center console are there.
A&PGirl
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 26 2011, 07:13 PM) *

one dollar

Ooh, I wish. Then I either could have bought the one in Fayetteville or North Texas too.

I guess several weeks suspense is enough.

$400 -$200 over scrap value

Guy was going to scrap it. screwy.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Aug 26 2011, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 24 2011, 12:46 AM) *

Hi Tom,

The guy in Wagoner moved to BA and his car is still for sale. There is supposedly a white 914 is Tahlequah also.

Shoot, you'll be here for my birthday. smile.gif

It had sail vinyl. The guy I bought it from took it and the trim off to eventually paint. I have the trim. The bumpers have been painted and it has solid foglight grills. I haven't emptied out the psgr compartment or the front trunk to see if pieces of the center console are there.

Where is "BA"? Edit .... never mind, Broken Arrow! duh!!!

The one that was FS in Tahlequah is a yellow 74 1.8 -
http://images.lemonfree.com/9a0930423ab43a...ae3cd654e_1.jpg
It comes up as sold now.....
http://www.lemonfree.com/9a0930423ab43a382...54e.html=228199

birthday3.gif .... in advance! biggrin.gif

$400 is a great deal! shades.gif
Tom_T
Correction:
The Tahlequah one is not sold, but now relisted again here on evilbay .....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-Porsch...emZ330605967758

Is this anyone on here? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.