Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mario Crashes at Indy today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Mario Crashes

Click on the video link on the page listed above.

Pretty severe accident.

They took away the video...I don't get it.

Here's another place:
WTHR 13 Mario story
need4speed
I haven't really followed Indy since they outlawed turbos. fighting19.gif
Pnambic
I'm glad he's ok.

No doubt he can still drive circles around me, but 63 seems a bit....mature....for driving over 200 mph.
(no offence JP tongue.gif )
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Pnambic @ Apr 23 2003, 06:10 PM)
No doubt he can still drive circles around me, but 63 seems a bit....mature....for driving over 200 mph.
(no offence JP tongue.gif )

I remember not long ago watching Paul Newman running a car at the 24 hours of Daytona and doing double stints AT NIGHT and doing competitive times and he was in his 70'S!!! aktion035.gif
Zeke
WTF was Mario doing at Indy anyway? Trying to pass his rookie test? That's the only official goings on that I know of right now. The track opens for IRL/Indy 500 practice on May 4. Was he doing a little "prerunning" for someone? <_<
Brad Roberts
The news just said he was "taking a ride" in one of his sons team car.

How times have changed.. now our dads are asking for the keys to our cars...LOL

B
Drums66
that car was tossed around like a toy Hotwheel! and he walked away amazing! and he said let's do it again! ohmy.gif
seanery
They are thinking of having him qualify Tony Kanaan's car since Tony got hurt in Japan.
I met him last year, he still has the drive to get in the car, and doing just one race-his son's last-had some appeal to him I bet.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Apr 24 2003, 07:30 AM)
that car was tossed around like a toy Hotwheel! and he walked away amazing! and he said let's do it again! ohmy.gif

last night they said he was "test-driving" the car when it happend. not only did he walk away, he got into another (same model) car afterwards and did some more laps. does that guy have balls or what? wacko.gif ...

Andy
rhodyguy
i haven't watched a cart race since greg moore and a track worker died in the horrific wreck that claimed their lives. i know it's part of the game. my wife and i were at my mom's house sitting at the dinner table and i had the race on. i just got up and turned off the tv.

kevin
seanery
You know, death is a tough thing.

But think of this:
He died doing what he loved doing.

I know that is a cliche'd saying but
damn man when I die I wanna die having fun, not laying in a bed in a nursing
home with a bunch of damn hoses and monitors sticking in my body.

My grandma died like that and I aint goin that way.

Enjoy life and what you do with it!!!
butch
Mario Andretti is my hero. One of em, at least. Phil Hill is way cool.
Targa
That tough SOB earned my respect! I got to go for a 'hot lap' with him a few months ago @ Sears Point in an Audi S8. He was driving with a broken sternum, for a charity event. Though I felt like getting a medal myself after the Red Cross drew my blood. The next day my arm was purple. I hate learning things the hard or painful way! wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.