Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I get this dang nut off? 911 engine mount!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
So here is a picture of one nut that I can remove. I am trying to remove the engine mount from a 2.7. This is the nut at the top right if you are facing the motormount. Seems pretty straight forward but my socket and wrench do not fit in the space and the box wrench just does not have quite enough depth or angle. Do you need a shallow socket or am I missing somthing??

This is going to be a long build if I can't even get bpast a damn nut on the tear down. oh well piratenanner.gif blink.gif

Its the one in the center shrouded by the mount.

Click to view attachment
SLITS
1/4" breaker bar and socket. I don't remember if the same combination of 3/8 will work.

Put socket on .. attach breaker bar and loosen. Hopefully it will spin by hand once broken loose.

Once you remove the other 3 you can pull on the nose piece as the nut comes off.

hwgunner
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 14 2011, 08:02 PM) *

1/4" breaker bar and socket. I don't remember if the same combination of 3/8 will work.

Put socket on .. attach breaker bar and loosen. Hopefully it will spin by hand once broken loose.

Once you remove the other 3 you can pull on the nose piece as the nut comes off.

3/8 works but is a bit tight. I can see where a 1/4 would be easier. Slits, I knew you would get me going when I saw you posting. Thanks

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Admins please move this to the Sandbox. I am not sure it is appropriate for Jonathan to ask how to get his nut off in the Garage... evilgrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 14 2011, 08:53 PM) *

Admins please move this to the Sandbox. I am not sure it is appropriate for Jonathan to ask how to get his nut off in the Garage... evilgrin.gif

Especially with help from broke back mountain man. av-943.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Somebody still owns a 12 point socket?

The Cap'n
MoveQik
Slits??? You listened to Slits?? Talk about rolling the dice....
hwgunner
OK, I got my nut off. No need to kick a guy when he is down.
hwgunner
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 14 2011, 09:18 PM) *

Somebody still owns a 12 point socket?

The Cap'n

The way I use tools, or don't as the case may be, I will never wear these out! KMA.gif
ConeDodger
Ok that's a new one... A guy gets his nut off and feels down? blink.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 14 2011, 10:00 PM) *

Ok that's a new one... A guy gets his nut off and feels down? blink.gif

I guess I was down because I couldn't get it off....... Ok, Ok you are right! piratenanner.gif
markb
Hmmm, sounds like it was a good thing I was camping with the girlfriend for the weekend. Jonathan had his "tools" out. lol-2.gif
hwgunner
Sorry, posted this thread on another thread to help a guy out and then re-read this thread and couldn't stop laughing. BTTT for the grins. sheeplove.gif

jonathan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.