Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: v8 Exhaust system.. What to do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Ok, contemplating how exactly im going to be doing the exhaust for my car. Im not ready to do it yet (thankfully), but I want to see what all has been done. Currently I have the stock exhaust manifolds, But I dont know where im going to be putting my lovely muffler and glasspacks. Anyone have any pics?

My idea, is to either get a set of shorty headers, or run the stock manifold.. Then run 2 1/2 dual pipes back to two parallel glasspacks or resonators (something to cut all the high notes out.. Then both of the pipes go into a dual inlet, dual outlet Flowmaster 80 series near the stock muffler position, then finish it up with a small pipe on both sides of the car for a nice dual exhaust.

I want it deep, strong, loud, and street and cop friendly.

Heck, if I could I would go with a powereffects muffler... but I aint got the coin for that.. Anyone have any good resonators that they like (cheeper the better) or glasspacks that are really nice?

Thanks,

Andrew
Andyrew
Wow, no one has any pics of their undercarage?

lol

I'll consider this a bump.

Andrew
skline
I have pictures, but none of mine yet and besides, my exhaust system is not in yet. I am hoping to take it down today but its looking like tomorrow to get mine done. I have pics of others exhaust systems. BTW, your package is on its way today. You should have it by friday for sure.
Andyrew
Next friday, right?

Im just looking to see what kind of room there is back there.. Steve said he has an exhaust system for me, I'll probably use that, but cut out half of it or something... Then when some more coin rolls around I'll get my shop to make me my dream system.

Thanks Scott, pics would be nice..

Andrew
skline
Not next Friday, day after tomorrow. Let me get some pictures together and I will post them here. You can see what some others have done. Here is one I just by chance happen to have on my desktop.
skline
That particular design wont work for me as I have a rear sway bar back there and I didnt care for the added back pressure of the shunted ends by the muffler. It will be similar but there wont be any added backpressure and clearance for my swaybar.
skline
Here are a few that I have collected to get an idea of what to do on mine. First is MikeZ's system.
skline
Another one of MikeZ's
skline
Then there is this one.
skline
And one last angle of it.
Andyrew
Cool, that gives me a few ideas. I like the crossover pipe right after the headers.. Although I think that thats a no ground clearance exhaust system that mike has...

Tells me I have lots of room for some glasspacks or resonators.

Friday eh?

Oh, PM me how much shipping was, I'll send you the paypal.

Andrew
neo914-6
Is that tranny painted silver? It looks awfully clean.
Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.