Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 914 fog lights-where 'out the fuse?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
I have a 75 1.8 and I am trying to figure out why the fog lights do not work. I just replaced both elements, and when I pull the fog light knob, the fog light know lights up beautifully, but alas, no fog lights. Is there a fuse outside of the panel underneath the steering wheel that I need to find????? I followed the wiring to the lights and I don't see any breaks in the wiring. Any ideas?
VaccaRabite
Did you check the fuse on the fuse panel?

Fuse 8 IIRC, but don't quote me - check the wire diagram. You can find them on this site and also in your Haynes.

Zach
914Mels
There is a fog light relay, I don't know if it's on the back of the fuse panel. If your switch is lighting up, more than likely the relay is bad. Sorry, never owned a '75 so I don't know where it is on the car.
steuspeed
Mine quit working and I just twisted the fuse. Try unplugging and plugging the relay back in. When you get it working add one of these from JWest Engineering. Lets you run the fog lights without the pop-ups on. Great mod. Super easy to install.

http://www.jwesteng.com/porsche/914/fog.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.