Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP!!!!! Again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ne14914
I changed the tranny boot, the bushings (trying to make this thing shift smoother and now I dont have a 4th and 5th gear!!

My 1st is revearse and 2nd is 1st. I dont have to shift it to the left to go into 1st and reverse. What did I do wrong?

All I did was change take the shifter out and put it back in to change the boot?

it seems everthing moved right -
drew365
Did you pay attention to the position of the shifter when you removed it from the splined end of the linkage and put it back in the same position? It sounds like you inserted it at an angle and when you bolted the top flange down it automatically shifted the position of the gears.
MarkV
Read the manual on how to adjust the shifter. Loosen the bolt on the splined shaft @ the shifter. Remove the access cover between the seats and turn the shift rod all the way to the right. Push the shifter all the way to the right and tighten the bolt. This sets the left to right position of the shifter; you may still have to play around w/ the in-out position of the shifter. I use a small pair of Vice Grips to turn the shift rod through the access hole. This works for me every time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.