Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: The boy turned five so I think it's time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So I came across a great deal and had no choice but to go ahead with it. So for my son's 5th birthday he got this aktion035.gif

Sorry, I had to black out the guys garage as some of you may see things he doesn't want you to see.

Should arrive to my house by the end of the week. Can't wait to see the look on the boy's face.
carr914
Cool
Root_Werks
Start em' young! driving.gif
zymurgist
driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 16 2011, 10:31 AM) *

Start em' young! driving.gif

That's the plan smile.gif Last time I took him to the local Kart place he was lapping 10 and 11 year olds. I figure I may as well get him into something better. Just wait until he is beating me dry.gif I bet this will happen when he is 16 sad.gif
carr914
Now if boy gets good, Karting Slippery Slope will make 914's look like you were spending Pennies

Karts wear out quickly ( Frames get flexy with use)
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 16 2011, 12:23 PM) *

Now if boy gets good, Karting Slippery Slope will make 914's look like you were spending Pennies

Karts wear out quickly ( Frames get flexy with use)

Yeah, I know sad.gif but I am planning on that.
bdstone914
I think it needs some custom P O R S C H E lettering on both sides smile.gif And a hood emblem sticker like the ones used on the Porsche GT1.
Dirty Evo
that is awesome.. I really want to get my daughter in one.
BKLA
John -

I loved being my son's pit crew & mechanic during those first years. (5-12 in the comer class) As he gets faster tho, the costs go up.... woltjer's aren't cheap!)

Please look into chest protectors & leatt braces. we just had helment supports and the leatt's weren't out yet.

http://www.leatt-brace.com/choose-your-sport/kart/

Protect their necks from those heavy helmets and the inevitable off road (upside down) excursions.
PeeGreen 914
Good call. I am geting him a suit and helmet but that other stuff looks like a great idea. Hope they don't grow out of it too fast blink.gif
eric9144
Damn I wish my parents had been that cool... aktion035.gif
BKLA
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Aug 16 2011, 01:19 PM) *

Good call. I am geting him a suit and helmet but that other stuff looks like a great idea. Hope they don't grow out of it too fast blink.gif

Get to know parents with older kids who race. Hand me downs are great! (and affordable) We must have passed down four sets of race boots, and at least two suits. I still have a relatively new set of shift racing boots size 7 that my son outgrew in a month or two. Hardly used! I have a silver MIR suit that I'll give to you (or Britain) as your son's get closer to fitting it. I have a gearbox "wet suit" (goes over the skid suit) that I'll pass on as well...

Here's something to look forward to in the northwest wink.gif

Click to view attachment
BKLA
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Aug 16 2011, 02:37 PM) *

Damn I wish my parents had been that cool... aktion035.gif

Tell that to my boys!! Maybe they'll appreciate it when they have kids!

Between Club soccer and Karting, we spent (are spending) a small fortune!
PeeGreen 914
That would be awesome. Hands me downs are always welcome smile.gif

Being the youngest of for boys I am very use to hand me downs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.