Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 choices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flowerfish
About few months ago , I had post to here and asked about replace floor panel , yes , till now , I still waiting for a guy can fix , I been talk to lot of peoples , bodyshop , most of the shop cost huge and seem like they would like to charge it from insurance company , around 4000 to 5000 + , for the side job guy , they all like to do sheet metal only , I guess that way they don't take too much time to do .

my 73 2.0 (blue) has rust problem and floor panel must replace , interior old but engine is low miles and strong , I never drive it out of my working place area , because the panel is too soft and holes , cracked .... usually , I just change different parking for few days and keep engine run for 10 mins , I have no idea about 3th gear to 5 th gear condition , but my friends test drive it and said no problem at all .

Now , I found a guy can do bodywork offer me 1900 with panel , re-print , and all the main rust if I want to replace the hood need around 380 from pelicanparts.com + shipping , loose hand-break problem is not include , I guess my car turn out need to spend about 5000 to make it cherry

about hour later , somebody came to my store and show me 2 photos from his phone , told me his friend work next to my store , he have a same model , 1 year younger than mine , same 2.0 fuel injection currently registration , clear titles , re-painted ( light yellow ), offer me 2500 obo ( I decide 2000 to 2300 ), of course gotta test drive it first , sure his car mileages is lot more than mine , well my one show 8393 in 1982 , it was broken
so only the second owner knew around how many

if his car is good , I buy it , there is lot of questions to find out , such as how's the re-build engine ? it might be a 1.8 body replace a 2.0 Engine ..... ( well , I mean it probably same body but I really want it all stock kind )
and my one will keep some part
because this is my dream car , I don't want to pick the third choice (3) give up everything

What would you do if you were me ?
ripper911
If the second car runs and drives well buy it!
With two of them it greatly increases your chances of acheiving a good car to drive.
poorsche914
agree.gif
If the yellow car is in better shape, buy it even if the engine is not that great. You can always swap in the strong running engine from your blue '73 and then start driving and enjoying your 914.

driving.gif
KELTY360
Very important to check thoroughly for rust in 2nd car. Otherwise you could end up in the same position you're in now. If it checks out then buy it and you can use the best parts from each car to make your dream car. Good luck and keep working toward the goal....driving a 914. driving.gif
flowerfish
thank you so much for the reply , I remember someone send me a fully detail of rust location , I will check it specially the floor panel !!
question is did the engine really loud ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.