Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Exhaust bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
Is there any benefit one way or the other on using a 4 cylinder style muffler bracket that supports the muffler at the flanges vs the 6 cylinder transmission mounted version that uses the straps that wrap around the tank on my conversion?

Thanks -
Scott S
SLITS
If you can figure out a bracket to bolt the muffler straps to the end of the tranny, knock yourself out.

The stock six used the '73 - '74 bracket off the transmission, so it actuality it is really a /6 setup that was used on the '73 - '74 2.0L.

Only purpose is not to strain the exhaust manifold studs with the weight of the HEs and muffler bouncing up and down.
Scott S
I didn't know that - thanks (again) Ron!
sixnotfour
If you can figure out a bracket to bolt the muffler straps to the end of the tranny, knock yourself out.

PMB has em and some really cool quick release clamps,
Just like the factory GT's

The only down side is they work best with a factory muffler
IronHillRestorations
The '73/74 2.0 muffler bracket is what you want.
Eric_Shea
Scott... I have the GT mounts at the plater. Just received them this week. A most awesome way to install a stock muffler on a 6.
Cairo94507
Eric- I will be looking forward to seeing those pictures.... smile.gif
Michael
PRS914-6
I modified the stock 4 bracket and also made a wrap around style like the 6 bracket for the WEVO/M&K. Wasn't a lot of work if you have a welder and saw.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Enjoy...

Click to view attachment
bcheney
Eric,

Is the bracket included with the two straps that are shown on your website? Just wondering about the orientation? It looks like the bracket does in fact help to support the stock regular or sport type muffler?
SLITS
I can see the "quick release" on a GT exhaust system when racing (especially endurace racing), but for a street car ..... it's just posing and probably costs 5 times more than the bracket used. Unless you have the GT slip on setup, you still have to unbolt the muffler.

Yeah ... my bad mood started early today. evilgrin.gif
Jeffs9146
I was going to modify the 1.8 bracket but I went down to Partsheaven and they had a 1.7 bracket, the largest one of the 3, and I just bent the ends to match up to the muffler and used the straps to secure it!

Eric_Shea
I can see the "quick release" on a GT exhaust system when racing (especially endurace racing), but for a street car ..... it's just posing and probably costs 5 times more than the bracket used. Unless you have the GT slip on setup, you still have to unbolt the muffler.

Yeah ... my bad mood started early today.

It's clean. It works. It's factory and... it costs less than you spent on cancer sticks and Depends this month. tongue.gif

Is the bracket included with the two straps that are shown on your website? Just wondering about the orientation? It looks like the bracket does in fact help to support the stock regular or sport type muffler?

This is a new package with the factory 914-6/GT bracket and Geze clamps. It's for 6 conversions, GT cars and posers like me. biggrin.gif I've yet to put it on the site as we need more inventory on the brackets. All of the first batch was sold out at $249.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.