Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket FI Fuel pressure regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Valy
I'm going to rise a bit the fuel pressure on my L-Jet as it will go from 1.8 to 2056.
I found those regulators on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-JDM-FU...#ht_2373wt_1073

Any experience with it?
Pro/Cons anyone?
Is the vacuum port negative or positive compensation?

Thanks.
Click to view attachment
jimkelly
check, jegs or summit, and you may want a liquid filled guage?

that said, i have no experience with the reg you are asking about.

doesn't a stk reg have an adjstment screw?

jim
Mike Bellis
It is a cheap POS but, I have used one before with moderate resutls. Buy an Aeromotive regulator if you want it trouble free.
Valy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 16 2011, 01:24 PM) *

It is a cheap POS but, I have used one before with moderate resutls. Buy an Aeromotive regulator if you want it trouble free.

Mike,

POS means it will not hold constant pressure or that the pressure is not correct or leaks?

I just need it to run about 35 PSI.
ConeDodger
Not needed either... Most stock FPR are far superior to anything the aftermarket has to offer.
Valy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 16 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Not needed either... Most stock FPR are far superior to anything the aftermarket has to offer.

I can't increase the pressure with stock L-jet FPR.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Valy @ Aug 16 2011, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 16 2011, 08:10 PM) *

I can't increase the pressure with stock L-jet FPR.

You can with a stock DJet FPR though... smile.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Valy @ Aug 16 2011, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 16 2011, 01:24 PM) *

Mike,

POS means it will not hold constant pressure or that the pressure is not correct or leaks?

I just need it to run about 35 PSI.

You should be able to use it to hold 35psi. Taks all the fittings out and use teflon tape on them. In fact replace all the fittings with brass ones from home depot. Mount it on your return line before it goes back to the tank. Mount a seporate gauge on the supply line to monitor actual rail supply pressure. You will need to fab a mounting bracket for it. Do not let it bounce around. The pipe threads are a Chinese interpretation on NPT threads. Use lots of tape and put it on so it tightens the tape as you tighten the fitting.
Mike Bellis
Cap off the vacuum fitting. You only need it for a turbo or supercharger. Not sure if it even works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.