Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lance in YELLOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
Lance has snagged the yellow jersey as a result of US Postal winning the Team TT by about 1 min.

That's a lot of pressure this early in the tour...will he try to keep it? smilie_pokal.gif
opera guy
im not really a Lance fan, but strategically, it wouldnt be good to TRY to keep it. i dont think he will spend much if any energy to try to defend it. still, the team did a great job.

Mein Keiser.. well, he doesnt do well in the rain wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(newdeal2 @ Jul 7 2004, 01:08 PM)
Lance has snagged the yellow jersey as a result of US Postal winning the Team TT by about 1 min.
That's a lot of pressure this early in the tour...will he try to keep it? smilie_pokal.gif

how about putting OT in the title of your post? wink.gif

now, exactly why are you so obsessed with guys in tight yellow t-shirts?
idea.gif Andy
newdeal2
Not sure...perhaps that's a question for Crow. wub.gif

I will try to remeber the OT advisory.
Andy
How can they catch him?

First thing I learned from this board... YELLOW = FAST! Duh!

rolleyes.gif
Joseph Mills
Nah... he won't try to keep it - getting it was just a sidebar. Their goal was to make another statement by winning the team time trial. They certainly made that statement with over a minute in time.

A bit of luck played into it with both Tyler and Ulrich's teams encountering some mishapes in their efforts.

But there was no denying the team's form everytime the camera went to them. Always perfect. They worked hard all year to achieve that.

"hold the Mayo" took on an all new meaning for yesterdays stage on the cobblestones. Too bad the little spaniard rider is off as far as being a real threat to win the tour. But maybe he can steal a mountain stage off LA.

I've always had more respect for indurance athletes than others. Giving it your best for a few hours is one thing - giving your best for days or weeks is quite another.
seanery
Damn It! WTF was I thinking reading this? I'm still watching the TTT right now. wacko.gif
anthony
how about putting OT in the title of your post?  

Andy, you thought this was on topic?

Nah... he won't try to keep it - getting it was just a sidebar. Their goal was to make another statement by winning the team time trial.

Whether they try and keep it will all depend on who tries to take it.
Joe Ricard
Go lance. But agree.gif that defending the Yellow Jersey at this point would definately be draining on the team.

The Gauntlet was thrown "look out USPS team is fast and furious" not to mention a very close knit group. If you don't have a great supporting cast you will never know victory. Lance has the best. I would imagine one of his team mates may also wear the yellow Jersey in the days to come. Wearing the yellow is most important on the last day, where Lance WILL make it 6 in a row.
JmuRiz
I think Lance is just taking time where he can...opportunity came up and he happened to get the yellow...he has a really strong team. I was really impressed with Tyler, 5 guys for much of the team time trial and finishing that well, wow. He's a tough cookie, evident by the collar bone thing last year. I bet lance looses yellow at some point soon then gets it back after stage 13 wink.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 7 2004, 07:41 PM)
Damn It! WTF was I thinking reading this? I'm still watching the TTT right now.  :wacko:

I am soo sorry Sean! I purposely don't go to certain sites for the very same reason. I like to watch it not knowing the outcome.

I've already switched over from watching the 7:00pm to the 4:00pm broadcast and now I've rationalized that I should watch the 11:00am broadcast because, well, it's sorta around lunch time! I'm hopeless. I'll try and remember not to give anything away because you gotta have the drama unfold before your eyes.

I think it's cool that Robbie Mc Kewen got the yellow for his first time ever yesterday. He missed a 2nd sprint victory by such a small measure.

Lance announced his performance level at the prologue individual TT and the team announced their performance level at the team TT today.

I don't think Lance will sacrifice anything to hold on to the yellow jersey at this point. The only riders that can take it away from him are not anything approaching a "rival". And his true rivals will just continue to mark time and stay close and wait in case an opportunity unfolds later down the road.

Although Mayo may snag a mountain stage and Ullrich may drop the hammer on that uphill TT, LA appears to be totally prepared for a possible sixth. More power to him. We'll get to witness with our own eyes what has NEVER been done before.

Of course, all of this is just bullshit. Anything can happen. Maybe I better quit pontificating and go ride my bike. laugh.gif
seanery
Joseph,
it wasn't your fault, it was mine. I read the title and had no self control and had to read it. blink.gif
TROJANMAN
caught the end of the coverage last night.......what a Great Team! top 3 in GC are all Americans. Haven't seen todays' coverage, but US Postal looked awesome. Cheryl Crow didn't look so good though in the post race interview. She actually looked 42. oh well. rolleyes.gif
newdeal2
agree.gif

US Postal is awesome...she is just OK wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.