Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear Set not stock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
We opened up my trans today and were surprised to find a weird combo of gears. I have an original 6 so I'm supposed to have A,GA,O,V,ZA. What I've got is A,F,M,S,ZD. It looks like the main shaft was from a 4 cyl and the M & S were added. I think I'd like to go back to the stock 2nd GA which means a new main shaft. I don't know if thats unobtainable or not. I've heard of a 904 mainshaft but I don't know what 2nd gear that is. Anyone have any experience with this. Brad maybe? What's the second gear in your MSX box?
Brad Roberts
Its a F (started life as a stock 4cyl box)

I have a few mainshafts laying around..I'll check tomorrow and see if I have any GA's. The 904 mainshaft allows you to run any gear you want in place of second gear (within reason). You can buy them new but of course they are pricey.

B
drew365
Brad; I'd be interested in a GA mainshaft and corresponding 32 tooth gear if you have one.
Brad Roberts
I'm checking around now...

B
Zeke
Drew, find an X or a Y and stick it in there i place of the ZD. That would seem to be a good all around box on paper. But WTF do I know? I need to start driving and quit talking. beer.gif bs.gif MDB2.gif
drew365
I probably will use an X for 5th. But the F 2nd is too short and I have enough power so I'd like to go back to the GA setup that should be in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.