Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QRS Fiberglass.... Buyer Beware! UPDATE!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KennyK
Just a quick note, 3 weeks ago I bought 2 front fenders and 2 rear fenders and rockers form Jeff at QRS Fiberglass for a total of $1024.00 that included shipping seems he has taken my money and ran. He told me every thing should ship the following Tuesday. He then told me a week later his son came in from overseas. I asked him to contact my body man which he had done business with him before and is why I bought from him. He will not answer my emails or return my phone calls. Now I have a car with the rear quarters cut out and no parts. So buyer beware. I can no longer seem to find his eBay listings for fenders etc.
Kenny Kimberlin, Lenoir NC
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(KennyK @ Aug 16 2011, 04:07 PM) *

Just a quick note, 3 weeks ago I bought 2 front fenders and 2 rear fenders and rockers form Jeff at QRS Fiberglass for a total of $1024.00 that included shipping seems he has taken my money and ran. He told me every thing should ship the following Tuesday. He then told me a week later his son came in from overseas. I asked him to contact my body man which he had done business with him before and is why I bought from him. He will not answer my emails or return my phone calls. Now I have a car with the rear quarters cut out and no parts. So buyer beware. I can no longer seem to find his eBay listings for fenders etc.

Sorry to hear that. Jeff was really easy to deal with for me. He wasn't the fastest but I got what I ordered. Hopefully you will too beerchug.gif
KennyK
I know I dealt with Jeff because the shop that has my car has done quite a bit of business with him. The no response to phone calls and emails is what has me so concerned. Last time I talked to him he said he would call John with eta, and that was first of last week and as of today John has not herd nothing nether have I. Don't know what else to do.
70_914
Depending on how you paid you can contest the charges. Ebay and Paypal have protection available to users. You can also find out where he does business and contact the attorney general.
sean_v8_914
done a ton with Jeff. be patient . maybe his son just got back from a deployment or some such thing. its a little early to asume he bolted with your dough.
campbellcj
Yikes. I hope it gets cleared-up soon.

I contemplated buying some stuff from them, but their web site has been infected with malware for ages and they don't seem to care. That is reason enough for me to go elsewhere.
partwerks
QUOTE(KennyK @ Aug 16 2011, 03:07 PM) *

If you happened to use a credit card, then call them and dispute the charges.
I don't see how you couldn't get your $ back that way.
moparrob
Jeff went out of his way to take care of me last year when I ordered a custom front bumper

confused24.gif

JRust
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Aug 16 2011, 08:42 PM) *

done a ton with Jeff. be patient . maybe his son just got back from a deployment or some such thing. its a little early to asume he bolted with your dough.

Just put out some feelers. Here is a good place for that. I agree I think it is to early to be saying he ripped you off. Maybe something has happened personally & it has thrown a wrench into things. He may be incomunicato for a good reason. I'm sure you'll hear something soon. I haven't done business with him but have heard good things. We are all human & life has a way of getting in the way of our 914's sometimes confused24.gif . Just give him a little more time & relax a bit. It will work out smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Aug 16 2011, 08:42 PM) *
I contemplated buying some stuff from them, but their web site has been infected with malware for ages and they don't seem to care. That is reason enough for me to go elsewhere.

agree.gif

I sent him several emails over the years but they just don't care. I don't get it. Their site has been hijacked for years ...

WTF.gif
Eric_Shea
Bummer... my next project was going to be all his stuff. sad.gif
HAM Inc
I dealt with them twice and was very pleased with the experience. Had a fitment issue with the left rear flare I bought so he sent me both rear flares free including shipping. I only asked for the LR, but he said he wanted to make sure I had a matched pair.
It seems out of character for him to bolt based on my own experience. Maybe he had a sudden health issue.
Hope you get the problem resolved.
matthepcat
I have had excellent service and parts from QRS.

He is a bit old school, and is best to give him a call on the phone.

His son who lives over sea's is the one who answered email and runs the website.(could be why no response)
KennyK
OK I Finally got my fenders and rockers, went buy Black Forest and looked them over. They are by far the BEST QUALITY I have ever seen the fit is second to none. The Body Man looked them over and was very impressed with what looks like they will need very little work. My only complaint is the lack of communication or non response to my phone calls are emails. But other than that they are worth the wait and I would and will do business again. and will recommend Jeff's stuff to any one.
Bottom line is 2 way combination will prevent little issues from becoming big problems.
EdwardBlume
I love happy endings.... grouphug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(KennyK @ Aug 27 2011, 06:10 AM) *

they are worth the wait and I would and will do business again. and will recommend Jeff's stuff to any one.

If that is the case, you might want to Edit the Title to this Thread.

Glad you got what you ordered & like them

T.C.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 27 2011, 08:38 AM) *

QUOTE(KennyK @ Aug 27 2011, 06:10 AM) *

they are worth the wait and I would and will do business again. and will recommend Jeff's stuff to any one.

If that is the case, you might want to Edit the Title to this Thread.

Glad you got what you ordered & like them

T.C.

agree.gif Remove the buyer beware thing.
campbellcj
I'm glad you got them and are happy with the quality. However IMO there is still something to 'beware' about - if I'm expecting something in a reasonable timeframe and am both not going to get it on-time, AND not be notified what's going on with my order, I will be pissed! Flame away if you wish, but this sounds like pretty awful customer service to me.
SirAndy
And ... their website is still hacked ... dry.gif
matthepcat
Does not show signs of hacking on my mac. firefox latest version

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 27 2011, 12:16 PM) *

And ... their website is still hacked ... dry.gif

watsonrx13
I'm glad you got what you ordered. Since Andy has already listed his website as being hacked, how did you contact him?

-- Rob
Lou W
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Aug 27 2011, 01:36 PM) *

I'm glad you got what you ordered. Since Andy has already listed his website as being hacked, how did you contact him?

-- Rob

He's also on e-bay, you can contact him there.
DBCooper
Still hacked. I want a GT valance (according to his site his best seller) but that link gives me this message:

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.qrsfiberglass.com.
Content from dodo.busop.info, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

I notified him of it six or so months ago by e-mail, did again just now. I'll notify if there are any changes, but don't have high expectations.
siverson
Yup, I've used him too with no problems. Nice guy.
SirAndy
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Dec 26 2012, 07:22 PM) *
Still hacked. ... I notified him of it six or so months ago by e-mail

Yeah, me too. More than once. Never got any responses from him nor did he remove the virus link from his webpage.
dry.gif
matthepcat
I hear his son who lives in Europe manages the sight for him. Maybe he has stopped doing the leg work for his dad.
sixaddict
popcorn[1].gif
ChrisFoley
I didn't have any issues looking at the website a couple months ago, although I contacted him by phone to place my order.
The owner is a good guy & has quite a few 914s.
DBCooper
The home page was fine, I got that message when I went to the product section and looked at the GT front valance. That's the page that Chrome flagged. So if you didn't go to that page things might have been fine, I don't know. So for curiosity could you try it, see if you get an error there? Don't get yourself a case of the computer clap, back out if anything goes wobbly.

EDIT: No, don't do that. I just went to get the link to post and Avast gave me a virus warning immediately, on the main page.
tadink
re: QRS - Looking for a build thread that has used the quarter panels, anyone have any documentation on the installation? I have front and rear quarters and am wondering what the best way to install these guys might be? thx

td
Elliot Cannon
THOMAS attached his with a bonding agent. I will be using Dzus fateners and will post pics when I start. I'm working on a 5 lug conversion first.
jim dorociak
When I did a race car several years ago the one thing I wish that I had done was have the truck lid in place to ensure the correct gap when I installed the fiberglass quarter panels, just a thought to get a better job. I was at his shop in early December and he is still quite busy and a great guy to do business with. Jim jdorociak@gmail.com
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(jim dorociak @ Jan 6 2013, 05:34 PM) *

When I did a race car several years ago the one thing I wish that I had done was have the truck lid in place to ensure the correct gap when I installed the fiberglass quarter panels, just a thought to get a better job. I was at his shop in early December and he is still quite busy and a great guy to do business with. Jim jdorociak@gmail.com

Just picked up a set of fiberglass wide fenders for my 76 for $220 on ebay! Should fix the rust issues around the fenders really well. I am trading a 66 Karmann Ghia to a body guy for some body work on the 72 and 76! Its a win-win! smile.gif
DBCooper
I just ordered the valance I wanted to try from QRS. I'd sent him an e-mail about his site being hacked and he replied, said he'd have someone look at it and asking if he could help. So I ordered directly from him, e-mail/PayPal.
tadink
I sent them a question via ebay and got a reply saying to call him - QRS Jeff @ 951-581-5537.

Response was pretty timely - couple of days.

td
raw1298
I have his quarter panels mounted on my car. I used 3M 8115 panel bond adhesive. Works great and easy to follow instructions. I have a thread on here called "on the ground". I would attach but don't know how blink.gif . I bought off of Ebay years ago and called them since and they are great people to work with. He talked with me for nearly a half hour giving advice on how to install.
DBCooper
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 7 2013, 05:30 AM) *

I just ordered the valance I wanted to try from QRS. I'd sent him an e-mail about his site being hacked and he replied, said he'd have someone look at it and asking if he could help. So I ordered directly from him, e-mail/PayPal.

The valance was received today and looks good. No, it looks very good. I told him again about the virus warning on the site, but he doesn't seem very internet-aware. But totally legit and good, just funky to contact. Try e-Bay, search "porsche 914 fiberglass", seller "zero-kewl914"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.