Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Okay, I know that 914's leak oil occasionally? And apparently mine is no different. When I drive it fairly aggressively it smokes from under the car and out of the engine deck. I am thinking pushrod tube seals dripping onto heat exchangers. But my other concern is that I get an oily residue on the inside of the windows. I clean the windows, go for a drive, come home, park it and when I go back it's got filmy windows. Anybody else ever have this happen?
skline
Yup! I had that on my yellow one, It only happens if you have the heat exchangers hooked and up your heater works. Its caused by oil in the heat exchangers. What you need to do is remove the HE's and steam clean them out real good and while you are at it, replace your pushrod tube seals. With any luck, that will resolve your problem. Also, if you are not running stainless HEs then after you clean them really good, go pick up some of that 1200 degree aluminum ceramic paint and paint them inside as much as you can and outside. It makes them look pretty and it will be easy to spot a leak after that. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.