Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motorcycle Guage Cluster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Im contemplating buying something like this and getting it all setup to work..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...984.m1423.l2649
Display shows speed (0-223 mph/0-360 kph), tachometer, odometer, trip meter and fuel level (five-bar display)
Adjusts to all engines and tire sizes
Indicator lights show high beam, turn signals, neutral and oil pressure
Gauge measures 45mm (1.77") H x 120mm (4.72") W x 35mm (1.38") D
Includes gauge bracket and speed sensor
IPB Image

Who all has electronic dashes and speed sensors?

I was thinking of getting this for the speed sensor.
http://www.smallcar.com/index.php?dispatch...roduct_id=29880

Not sure I can make that plate for that price..

Thoughts anyone?
Mike Bellis
Why?

You will gain no addtional information from this device than you already have on your dash.
Andyrew
1. My fuel guage doesnt work very well
2. My speedometer drive is broken, and I have already replaced the cable twice and the sender once. Since they are not availible new, IM thinking ahead (Not to mention the speedo's and tachs are typically bouncy)
3. My tachometer is setup for 4 cylinder and to buy a tach that is setup for a v8 is 1/2 the price of this unit. (my cheap sunpro unit died as well).

So thats why smile.gif

Not to mention im going to rewire the car... and I'd like to start fresh with the guages.
Mike Bellis
That make more sense biggrin.gif
Andyrew
biggrin.gif

I was looking around for an electronic speedo solution when I found this for not much more and I really like it! If I can get it to work I'd be pretty happy. Just curious what others are running and their electronic speedo pickup solution.
andys
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 17 2011, 02:49 PM) *

biggrin.gif

I was looking around for an electronic speedo solution when I found this for not much more and I really like it! If I can get it to work I'd be pretty happy. Just curious what others are running and their electronic speedo pickup solution.

I have a 993 speedo and an Audi pickup (Audi trans). Haven't actually tried it yet to see if it works, but the guys at NH Speedo said it would. I bought the speedo for $60 a couple of years ago at the German Autofest (swap meet) in Ventrua, CA.

Keep us posted on your progress; I like your solution/thinking out-of-the-box.

Andys
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 17 2011, 12:46 PM) *
Who all has electronic dashes and speed sensors?

I do. But not as my main gauges, just as a supplement to my existing stuff.

I have a sensor on the axle for speed. I also wired the brake-lights as a digital input. It's got GPS with 10 second bread-crumbing and an accelerometer.

And you can view your trip data on the web ...
shades.gif
BIGKAT_83
Got a Racepak street dash..22 different inputs programable on 4 different screens. Has everything needed for a street dash,HI/LO beams,turn signal lites,Odometer etc. Works great. But not cheap.
Click to view attachment

Bob
Andyrew
Is that for one of the v8's? What did you do for the speed sensor?
BIGKAT_83
Here is the best solution I've seen for a speed sensor. Speed sensor
I used something else but if I was doing it over I'd use this

Bob
BIGKAT_83
Here is the one I have in my subaru conversion.The speedometer is from summitracing and I'm running it with the stock subaru speed sensor. Real easy to set up and 100% acurate cost about $80 at summit.

Click to view attachment

Bob
BuddyV
Saw something similar on Craigslist (Bay Area) yesterday or the day before. Search under "Motorcycles".

Cheers!

Hope you find it..... I am running out the door or I would look for you.

Mike Bellis
I run one of these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRF-60115/ At some point I will get an autometer programmable speedometer to go with it. For now it is only connected to my ECU.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 17 2011, 05:58 PM) *

I run one of these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRF-60115/ At some point I will get an autometer programmable speedometer to go with it. For now it is only connected to my ECU.

BTW, I had to make the internal engagement pin from an old 914 speedo cable. The 914 connection is slotted at the tranny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.