Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help in Malibu area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
A buddy has a 914 with a 3.0 in it and wants an oil cooler, it's getting a bit warm he says. He's looking for recomendations of shops in the Malibu, Marina Del Rey, West LA area that can do a good job in a timely manner.

Any suggestions?
drew365
Otto's?
seanery
I believe, he's been that route before.
campbellcj
I am nearby if he wants to chat. FWIW I have a mondo Ottos-fabbed front cooler that won't seem to "allow" the car to get over 200F without being blocked-off completely. wink.gif It is essentially a GT-derived custom aluminum shroud with a very large (ie 22"x7"x2") MazdaComp cooler, Troutman t-stat, and AN-12 lines and a 32"x7" (tapered) front spoiler inlet.

There aren't a lot of 914 owners around here so as time permits I am definitely up to meet more or even do canyon fun runs and whatnot.

If he doesn't want to DIY or work with Otto/JW then TRE is my best other local recommendation. DaveB is a big 914-6 fan and Tyson Schmidt is a very strong fabricator and track driver...
Mike D.
Also try PresisionTech in Marina Del Rey. Alex, who owns the shop, is a big 914 guy. Can't remember the number, but he is listed...
good Luck.
-Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.