Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E Brake wont release!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschecb
Need help Fast!
luskesq
You might want to flesh out your question a bit more. What I'd do is pull up hard while pushing button in and holding it in, drop the lever (hopefully).

Good luck.

Keith
jcd914
If the car has been sitting a while with the parking brake set the pads may be stuck to the rotors. Rocking the car a bit might brake them loose.
Jim
porschecb
QUOTE(luskesq @ Aug 17 2011, 09:43 PM) *

You might want to flesh out your question a bit more. What I'd do is pull up hard while pushing button in and holding it in, drop the lever (hopefully).

Good luck.

Keith

Some how the the break released but the handle will not go all the way down! car is now on it is way home! I was not driving it my son was!
porschecb
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Aug 17 2011, 09:59 PM) *

If the car has been sitting a while with the parking brake set the pads may be stuck to the rotors. Rocking the car a bit might brake them loose.
Jim

Thank you Jim!
SirAndy
On piece handle or two piece handle? They operate differently ...
idea.gif
stugray
With the two piece handle you have to pull up, depress button, then push down on the hinge part in the middle of the handle.

They stick.

Stu
r_towle
pull up, push button, push lever down
If its two pieces, make sure to push the rear section down.

If that is done...get out and tap the little lever arms on both calipers towards the rear (I think) of the car to release the tension on the ebrake.
Tap them away from the direction that the cable pulls when setting the brakes. A rock works...a large stick...a hammer, your tire iron (that should be in the car)

Ala , road side fix for the day.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.