Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My roller adventure!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
So I bought a 73 2.0 roller. it's in fairly original condition, and has sway bars. It also has a very nice tan interior (which is for sale, check the classifieds). The problem was it was located in Monterey Park, and I was not. It's about 200 miles away. I took my truck down there, and rented a trailer. The car was at the top of a very steep curved driveway, and it had three flat tires. I borrowed a couple wheels from TonyAKAVW and he put them on. Then we pushed it while my wife steered and operated the barely functional brakes. Somehow we got it on the trailer without killing anyone. Once we hooked up the trailer to the truck (which now had two engines and three transmissions in it), it looked quite absurd. It's a half ton truck, nothing special. The trailer weighed 2000 lbs, the 914 and parts probably another 2500. Somehow we made it home, but I had to go slow, and the steering was even more like steering the drunk guy than it normally is. Getting it off the trailer was fun because my wife had to work monday, and the trailer was supposed to be back by 5:30. I had to get the 914 off of it by myself. I used a come-along, in go-along mode, and slowlycranked it down. Since the cable was short I had to do it 5 feet at a time. The next day I recruited some friends, and we pushed it into the garage. Way too much work, but now the fun part starts! (the V8 conversion) sawzall-smiley.gif

Here's a pic of it loaded on the trailer
bondo
Here's the front:
bondo
Here's the side:
bondo
here's the front trunk (spotless!)
bondo
The rear trunk (weird rust patterns.. completely rusted metal right next to completely spotless metal.. repairable though)
bondo
Tan interior:
tesserra
U-haul trailers SUCK! They are very heavy and ride lousy.
That is the same color as my v8 914.
Good luck,

George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.