Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New W.A.S. Targa from 914 RUBBER- aka mark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
Just recieved my WAS top from Mark (mikey914- 914 rubber). so i got the hardware on and placed it on the car last night, - still need by side seals but i couldnt wait!!!

anyone else have a few picture of theirs?

Share them here!

Phil
DRPHIL914
my other top, and a couple more pics of the WAS
rallysport70
Looks sharp!!!
DRPHIL914
two more ----
kerensky
Hmm, those tops aren't listed on his website. Is this a one-off custom thing? 'Cause I think I might save up for one. smile.gif
scott_in_nh
That looks great Phil - I want one but it is too much for me right now.

I think you need to send it to me for safe keeping until you get your car running right! biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 18 2011, 02:14 PM) *

Hmm, those tops aren't listed on his website. Is this a one-off custom thing? 'Cause I think I might save up for one. smile.gif

send him an e-mail, he took an initial # for a group buy, posted on this site, then again after improving/perfecting some development issues another group thing. throw your name in the hat, some might drop out, but we put in our deposits @ 6 mo ago, i dont know what number he is on now. kind of pricy but not really considering the cost of other stuff with these cars, . Saratoga tops have been scarce for years - so to mark - pray.gif for taking a shot at producing something like this,. the amount of time it must take for him to make develop the molds for the frame etc. he cant be making much on them yet.

Awesome product, though. first.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Aug 18 2011, 02:20 PM) *

That looks great Phil - I want one but it is too much for me right now.

I think you need to send it to me for safe keeping until you get your car running right! biggrin.gif

yea right ! av-943.gif av-943.gif , course if you want to pay the shipping cost its icon8.gif

poke.gif maybe il' let you rent it until the snow hits there,then you can drive it down here to S.C. in fact, i think yo should just store you car here for a while during the winter and we will make sure it gets a little driving.gif
your winters are what, October to may, right? poke.gif
JRust
These tops Mark has made are sweet! They look great on the car. I had the chance to see it up close at WCR. He brought one down to do some test fitting. Really look great on the car & from inside the car. While I take my top off most times when driving. It would be nice to have this when the weather isn't so great. Or just to quit things down a bit on longer trips. I plan to get one soon
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 18 2011, 02:30 PM) *

Maybe to those pussies who get cold when it hits 50 poke.gif

Shit, this car comes from NC where it was hardly driven - to hot I guess for a black on black car?

As a New England man, I'll be driving it the same as I ride my motorcycle (or used to before the 914 arrived) - into December, whenever there is a sunny day and the roads are clear and back on the road in March - besides my heat works great (so far) so I might even take it skiing a time or two and that top would be great on a sunny winter day heading up to the mountains! biggrin.gif

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Aug 18 2011, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 18 2011, 02:30 PM) *

Maybe to those pussies who get cold when it hits 50 poke.gif

Shit, this car comes from NC where it was hardly driven - to hot I guess for a black on black car?

As a New England man, I'll be driving it the same as I ride my motorcycle (or used to before the 914 arrived) - into December, whenever there is a sunny day and the roads are clear and back on the road in March - besides my heat works great (so far) so I might even take it skiing a time or two and that top would be great on a sunny winter day heading up to the mountains! biggrin.gif

Well, i know what you mean- I grew up in the great state of Minnesota- ya, ya betcha! well, don't ya know! - been down here for 20 years now,but in high school i had a 69 Austin Healy sprite, drove it most of the winter! except for snow days, then out came the 71 plymouth duster with the snow tires!! laugh.gif
dare i share a picture ofthe A.H. .? ok why not( circa 1982)

kerensky
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 18 2011, 10:26 AM) *
send him an e-mail, he took an initial # for a group buy, posted on this site, then again after improving/perfecting some development issues another group thing. throw your name in the hat, some might drop out, but we put in our deposits @ 6 mo ago, i dont know what number he is on now. kind of pricy but not really considering the cost of other stuff with these cars, . Saratoga tops have been scarce for years - so to mark - pray.gif for taking a shot at producing something like this,. the amount of time it must take for him to make develop the molds for the frame etc. he cant be making much on them yet.
They sure look nice. I'm not in a big hurry at all so I don't need to scrounge for an existing one at all. It'll be awhile before my 'teener is ready for the road, so I'll just keep my eyes peeled for future group buys or for the product to become 'official' and start hoarding my pennies. smile.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 18 2011, 03:03 PM) *

Well, i know what you mean- I grew up in the great state of Minnesota- ya, ya betcha! well, don't ya know! - been down here for 20 years now,but in high school i had a 69 Austin Healy sprite, drove it most of the winter! except for snow days, then out came the 71 plymouth duster with the snow tires!! laugh.gif

My brother had a rusty MG Midget (basically the same car) back then - fun cars!

Back then I would drive my junk Beetles or Ghia all winter. if it was snowing I'd take them out on the road in the middle of the night for some fun on empty snowy roads.

We'd go to the Caldor parking lot, accelerate to 60-70+ mph (you need to start behind the store to have enough room to get up to speed), cut the wheel and pull the parking brake for a complete white out while spinning. My record was 13 360's on a single pass!

You must have gone out to do donuts in that Duster, what else was there to do in MN in the middle of winter?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Aug 18 2011, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 18 2011, 03:03 PM) *

My brother had a rusty MG Midget (basically the same car) back then - fun cars!

Back then I would drive my junk Beetles or Ghia all winter. if it was snowing I'd take them out on the road in the middle of the night for some fun on empty snowy roads.

We'd go to the Caldor parking lot, accelerate to 60-70+ mph (you need to start behind the store to have enough room to get up to speed), cut the wheel and pull the parking brake for a complete white out while spinning. My record was 13 360's on a single pass!

You must have gone out to do donuts in that Duster, what else was there to do in MN in the middle of winter?

for sure ! The high school parking lot was huge - great place for the donuts! the duster was loose in the back end- not much power - straight 6 mopar motor, but ran for ever. Put over 300k miles on it, all us kids drove it- my older sister passed it down to me when she got a '69 mustang.

the healy i got from a friend of hers who had been in the navy, and was down in the atlanta area while on active duty, moved back home and brought it back, he had it set up for autocross, and a big bore kit , lowered with extra camber in the front, wider tires with spacers , a 5 point harness on driver's side and a turtle shell racing seat( I'm 6'2", the guy i bought it from was 6'3+, ) and a bolt in roll cage, but that had to come out to put the top up! - i bought it for $1,000 no rust, needed new trans and clutch though.

I never found a better handling car that could corner as well , as fast as that car could!!, not until my 914 that is! ,
We had a river road along the minnesota river that was one wild ride, - none of my friends could hang with that Healey, i was always afraid one would end up in the river or a tree! w00t.gif , Thank God no one did., but it didnt matter, mazda rx, mustang, vette, etc none could handle like that car did.
-

EdwardBlume
Just one more thing I have to buy..... beer.gif

siverson
Hi - I just got mine this week, and it looks pretty good so far (need to clean it up to really tell), but I don't get the front latches. How exactly is that suppose to work?

Lots of washers and the knob doesn't really appear to turn... What am I missing?

-Steve
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(siverson @ Dec 10 2011, 06:33 PM) *

Hi - I just got mine this week, and it looks pretty good so far (need to clean it up to really tell), but I don't get the front latches. How exactly is that suppose to work?

Lots of washers and the knob doesn't really appear to turn... What am I missing?

-Steve

The knob will turn, it does not need to be very tight.as you turn it, it will tighten at the hook end, then it will spin down the screw, don't over tighten it.
I know mark has made a few changes and improvemens. When I put my targa-window seals on I put them in metal tracts like the original but instead of screwing them I used the 3mone double sided tape chat the auto parts store carry. They are softer and make a much better seals than I have found from other sources. In fact I just replaced these on my other top.too, and I just put the others on last year, but they never made a good seal, being so hard.

So, thanks Mark for making such good products. first.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.