Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0L tin removed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
i tried to drill a hole in the center of what is left of the oil press sensor - this thing seems to be made of kryptonite ???

i also had to drill out some tin screws - will try to extract as many as i can.

jim
Jeffs9146
use a dremmel with a carbide tip then a screw extractor.
76-914
You need to drill it thru, first. Then the extractor. I prefer the spiral to the 4 cornered extractor. Especially when working with softer metals.
jimkelly
spiral
r_towle
if you drill out the oil pressure sensor, you will be opening up the case on that motor to clean up inside.
So, I vote to procrastinate and wait until you have nothing left to do but drill out that piece, one the bench, with a jig and drill press, and its a nice day with a good cold beer.

When in doubt, procrastinate.

Rich
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 18 2011, 12:11 PM) *

if you drill out the oil pressure sensor, you will be opening up the case on that motor to clean up inside.

agree.gif
Do it later when you have more control over the situation.
Marty
JawjaPorsche
I had my oil pressure sender to break about ten years ago. I was afraid to drill because I was afraid of metal shavings in the motor. So I got a good sheet metal screw with permagasket and plugged the hole. Not the idea thing to do but it worked for me.
jwc914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 18 2011, 12:25 PM) *

I had my oil pressure sender to break about ten years ago. I was afraid to drill because I was afraid of metal shavings in the motor. So I got a good sheet metal screw with permagasket and plugged the hole. Not the idea thing to do but it worked for me.
find a small nut that fits right on top of the broken piece. weld up the center and now you will be able to back it out with a socket, john
76-914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 18 2011, 12:11 PM) *

So, I vote to procrastinate and wait until you have nothing left to do but drill out that piece, one the bench, with a jig and drill press, and its a nice day with a good cold beer.

When in doubt, procrastinate.

Rich

Use a good shop vac when drilling. The flutes will direct the shavings out. The vacumn will keep the shavings from falling into the engine. Or, if your really paranoid, flip the engine and drill it out from beneath and let gravity work with the vacumn.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.