Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One more torsion bar question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
What is the correct position of the dust cap/ride height adjuster arm when you are re-installing the bars? If the front end is on stands, should the arm be at the bottom or the top or the middle of the area it has to move? Does this make sense?
Brad Roberts
If the control arms are at rest (not supported right now) then "clock" the adjusters pointing down and set the screw about half way into the adjuster.

This will get you close. You may have to set the car on the ground and use a jack to slightly raise it and reach under there to reclock them.

Use some lube on the threaded adjusters so you can get them threaded in and out quickly.

B
ChrisReale
Thanks Brad! clap56.gif
Bleyseng
I take it the 22mm Tbars arrived? did you note the L and the R on the end of the Tbars and install them in the side they are supposed to go it?

Geoff
ChrisReale
Yes, geoff I saw the markings. I got one installed last night, and the other installed about 20 minutes ago. I like the feel of the car much better now. WAY more balanced front to rear. boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.